Fresh 1.0 Tonight!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know....Its only a couple blocks away so I could just walk over there....and drag it back across a city road ;)

We dont have any roads near here that are 6 lanes ;)
I'd probably just take the truck...we'll see how it goes. Gotta see if the folks are home some day ;)

And now that we've ripped on Tron so much....
Like I said in Tron's thread, I think that's my all-time favorite "dish rescue" story. While reading it I could almost hear the old rusty NPRM scraping across the pavement.....awesome!:D:up

Yes... I can hear it now that you mention it.
And yes, it's a great story.

But, you see . . . there was this other interesting dish recovery project the Tron was involved in , several years back . . .
I'll leave it to you and the search engine, but suffice it to say,
. . it had to do with recovering an 8' Paraclipse dish,
. . . from beside the road,
. . . . in the middle of the night,
. . . . . and ROLLing it home
. . . . . . on foot!
So, as you can see, this NPRM dragging story is quite modest by comparison! - :D

This thread is beginning to sound like the Comedy Central roast of Tron :eek: ;)

I've had my moments with dish rescues to be sure, a couple I didn't post because they weren't as interesting, but suffice it to say that I'm often involved in dish rescues after dark :)

As for the Paraclipse, I am now planning to completely disassemble the dish (as Stogie did with his 12 footer when he replaced the bolt hardware) and save the parts in case I find a Paraclipse with better mesh...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)