Fresh Blind Scan (C & Ku Sats)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
A few days ago I decomissioned my X2 Premium HD and went back to my MicroHD. I did a fresh Blind Scan of every SAT I can get a lock on (53 total both Ku and C-Band). Remember the total includes all channels (scrambled and ITC):

Total Channels: 2540

ITC English: 126

ITC Spanish: 99

ITC Music Channels: 10 (Mostly Spanish)

The ITC English and Spanish Channels were the ones that I picked out for my favorites list. I threw out all the Religious and Foreign Language Channels (other than Spanish).

Your count seems low and is also missing a lot of ITC Radio services. Some audio services need to be manually added as they are not included in the TS tables "hidden" and others are accessed as secondary audio PIDs that only log as a single TV or Radio service.

What are your East and West limits?

Might be interesting to compare channel lists in the WUT forum.

My East/West limits are: 55w -139w. Sorry, I forgot to include Radio, the total there is 1002 ($ and ITC)

Repeated scanning on the 139w transponders with the microHD will yield additional many more audio services. The BAT (Bouquet Association Table) on these transponders are too large for most STBs to log and the process times out before the complete table is read. Repeating the transponder scan will often log many more PIDs that were missed during previous attempts as the process reads different data from the BAT. You might go 2, 3, 4, 5 or more attempts without logging additional services, then might log a group of 125 more... I have logged 1800+ audio services with a microHD on 139w with multiple scans. Patience or direct PID entry has rewards!

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
Brian - the Firmware in my MicroHD is ancient. Where can I get the latest FW for the MicroHD? I haven't tried it, but does the OTA
upgrade for the MicroHD work? My X2 had several methods for upgrading the FW but none of them ever worked. I had to upgrade
by USB. BTW, my name is Bill. My Avitar picture is Cindy.

I forgot to mention, I have found some very good audio channels on 139w. There is a very good music tv channel on 116.8w C band called Si TV. I think it comes from Honduras but they play all the 70's, 80's music videos in English.

Hello Bill,
I would run the 6/2013 firmware. Don't know if Satellite AV is still running the microHD OTA update on G19 KU. There is a link to the June 2013 firmware file in the FTA receiver forum. That version was the most stable and had the fix for the duplicate SID with 4MHz spacing on 101w.

Edit: KE4EST beat me to the post! :)

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
Repeated scanning on the 139w transponders with the microHD will yield additional many more audio services. The BAT (Bouquet Association Table) on these transponders are too large for most STBs to log and the process times out before the complete table is read. Repeating the transponder scan will often log many more PIDs that were missed during previous attempts as the process reads different data from the BAT. You might go 2, 3, 4, 5 or more attempts without logging additional services, then might log a group of 125 more... I have logged 1800+ audio services with a microHD on 139w with multiple scans. Patience or direct PID entry has rewards!

What transponders have music, or is it multiple? I'm doing a blind scan on 139 now... Let's see what happens..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)