• Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well its time (albeit early) for the Friday FTA Fun poll...and its a simple one this week

With the long weekend for Labor (Labour for our Canadian folks ;)) Day this weekend, are you going to work on some FTA projects?

Heck Yeah! long weekend! Lots of time to get stuff done
Probably will work on some projects
Depends on the weather
Probably not...dont have any FTA projects to work on
Probably not...have to work on "other" (non-FTA) projects
No because I have to work at my (real) job
Dont know yet.

Vote #2 (after Iceberg) - yes, will send son onto roof to install new motor onto Starband dish!!

I just scored another free 1.0 meter Primestar less than an hour ago! Will be digging it up on Labor Day!:D:D

My Vote:
Heck Yeah! long weekend! Lots of time to get stuff done
I've been working on my sisters T90 dish, the one in my Avatar. I'm moving it to the ground, I've already got the P* dish on the ground and tuned to the RTN's on G10/G18 ku @ 123.0w and to White Springs TV on IA7/G27 ku @ 129.0w. I have the pole up to put the T90 on, since last week-end. And all the needed cables are in the ground and ready for use. I've got a box buit for my switches, and it's ready enough to use, with electrical power for a light and if I ever get around to using Powered Switches (coming someday to a reflector near me). Also good for plugging up a tv and receiver, although I have a Trimax and it's working good enough for now. Just have to get up on the roof and bring that big boy down, not looking forward to that. But, it will make life a lot easier for tuning the T90, it's real scary up on that roof.

#3, depends on the weather...

With Gustav taking aim on New Orleans, at least according to the current model data, the only FTA work I'll likely be doing is removing reflectors :(

I just scored another free 1.0 meter Primestar less than an hour ago! Will be digging it up on Labor Day!:D:D

Wish I could get me one of those deals. :)

By the time I see a gas station closed it's gone. And to advertise for one of em around here, either nobody knows what it is you're asking about or they do know and they aren't giving them up.

I work 7days a week as of right now , on weekends you can find me delivering pizza and food for a local Restaurant , I expect business to be slower on Monday because of all the backyard cookouts and I'm glad not to be working at the restaurant that day.

My FTA time is between the hours of 6am and 6pm ,and I still have to fit in a couple more sleep hours in that time besides the random daily errands that get me out of the house.

I used to have alot more time on my hands and less money , now I have less time more money and seriously thinking about a entry level HDTV and a complimenting Coolsat 8000 or QualiTV to go with it.

Happy Labor Day to all !!!!

I am with Tron with the storm in the area on monday will make up mind then. going to pick up a free dish today. looks like *choice. maybe 75e will know more when I get it down.

HECK YEAH! I moving in to a new house today about 5 miles away from from where i live now with my parents so as soon as i can get my essential stuff moved the sats are going up. Cant be with out tv!

Heck Yeah! long weekend! Lots of time to get stuff done!

I hope to finish my 1M Primestar Mini-Bud experiment this weekend and have it up for show and tell. :)

If I get that done, I am going dish hunting for 1M Primestars. :)

Heck Yeah! Lots of time to get stuff done.

I see the current bulk of the voters say it's dependent on weather.
That's never an excuse here. :(
I don't get any good excuses at all! - :eek:

So, I'll be workin' on something FTA-related.
Too darned bad a possible FTA convert is off spending the weekend with his g/f
I was gonna get him up 'n operating.

Probably will be working on my project.

I have been accumulating things for my first system all summer. Picked up an old 39" ChannelMaster dish (was part of a HomeSat system), got a SG2100 motor off Ebay, and just ordered the Visionsat IV200 from SatelliteAV. Hopefully the LNB will work, if not I will pick one up. Got the mast secured and motor assembled yesterday, will be getting cable ran, grounding, etc.

Really looking forward to getting up and running! I have learned a lot here since discovering this site and getting bit by the FTA bug. Thanks to all here!:)

And since the company I work(ed) for announced last week they were closing and laid off most of the workforce last Friday, but are still going to pay us through the end of October (only because it's required by law), I've got lots of time to tinker!

I'll be learning just how quickly I can take my 1m dishes down. :)

Current forecasts say we will have 75mph max winds here so my Paraclipse should be okay, my Paraclipse book says 125 mph surviveablity, I already have it at TS or danged near it...

If it DOES go on its current track and we stay, I will have some torture test info for y'all.

I spent quite a while on Friday tweaking my big dish. I'm now hitting an average of 80% quality on FTA and I've been able to tune in everything I want except White Springs and Yesterday USA. :confused:

I'm going to take a break from it for the rest of the weekend. Big picnic Sunday! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts