Friday Fun Free to Air Poll 5/30/08

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Why do you watch the Network feeds on G10, AMC4, AMC3 or G16?

• I do not have access to some of the networks where I live so these help fill in the gaps

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I have access to the specific net but it looks horrible OTA and these look better

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I like them for time shifting

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • There is syndicated or other programming on those that I don't get on my local nets

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • sports

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I do not really watch them because I get all my networks just fine (OTA or cable/satellite)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • other (please explain)

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I know I'm a day late but oh well :)

Friday Free to Air Fun Poll for 5/30/08

As most of us know, there are some network feeds on a few satellites (G10 KU, AMC4 KU, AMC3 KU & G16 C Band) and I assume some of us watch them....so now i ask

Why do you watch the Network feeds on G10, AMC4, AMC3 or G16? This pertains only to ABC, NBC, CW, FOX, MY, CBS & PBS...NOT RTN (we all know why we watch RTN) ;)

multiple choice

-I do not have access to some of the networks where I live so these help fill in the gaps
-I have access to the specific net but it looks horrible OTA and these look better
-I like them for time shifting
-There is syndicated or other programming (judge shows, talk shows) on those that I don't get on my local nets
-sports
-I do not really watch them because I get all my networks just fine (OTA or cable/satellite)
-other (please explain)

3, 4, 5 & 7

If I miss an ABC or Fox show I can catch it an hour later on the Mountain time zone channels
Also there are some shows on Montana PBS that are not on my local PBS...plus its nice to see some shows (cough reliable sources cough) that arent on my local stations
sports...enough said

other....last week perfect example....we had some bad weather near us so the local Fox switched to "weather center tracking 2008" consistently during the race....so I watched it on a different Fox Network :)

In LA, I get all the networks OTA in hi def.
So, that's my first choice.

Not often there are two shows which conflict.
And I record (in SD) what I might miss.

I like to watch them becasue I like to see what happens in diffrent part of the states. I can watch coloardo news to see how skiing is doing , then i can watch newyork local news, to see if theres been any gang related activity.

Other: I would rather watch the distro feeds or live sports feeds whenever possible because they look so much better. CBS and ABC HD distro feeds can be found, as well as NBC SD. I don't watch Fox so it doesn't matter to me.

I like the fact that I can watch almost all of the networks in any time slot I want.

I use the Twinhan/Mytheatre and the HDTV so I can see them all full-screen with no distortion. Sometimes I will watch an episode of something twice. Once on OTA HD, and then again using the above solution. :)

I like to time shift, but my main reason is that I like seeing commercials from other areas and their local news. Makes me feel like I am on vacation :)

The biggest reason I watch the nets on the dish is because I can :p

The other reason is because the digital TV box has incredibly poor reception for being about 10 miles from the towers -- if you stand in the wrong part of the room, the signal is gone.

I voted for:
I do not really watch them because I get all my networks just fine (OTA or cable/satellite)

But, I do watch G10 quite often for RTN, as my favorite shows may have a better time, than my OTA RTN (WSB Atlanta), and WSB doesn't show "Unreliable Resources", and I have drop-out issues on WSB during daylight.
ABC HD = satellite and OTA regular
CBS HD = satellite and OTA only Jerico
NBC HD = OTA occasional
Fox HD = OTA never watch
CW HD = satellite and OTA regular
MyNet HD = satellite and OTA occasional
PBS HD = OTA and AMC3 rarely watch

Timeshifting is one reason, alternative programming is another. Then there's always the "cool" factor :) I've found myself watching a network program from G-10R instead of OTA simply because it came from a local affiliate in another city.

Mostly for PBS HD that I can't get OTA being so far away from any stations and as others have said, the coolness factor and out of town news..;)

Clint

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)