Friday Fun Poll: Upgraded/Changed Receiver Lately?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
How often have you upgraded/changed recievers in the past?

C-Band, Ku-Band, Analog, Digital are all fine.

Poll options are:

Hardly ever
Once every two years
Once a year
More than once a year

I voted once a year, cause I think I'm sold on the 3500, and that would make my vote correct.

How about all the time? :D

This year alone I’ve gone through 6 or 7 digital receivers and 3 analog receivers

Lets see…started year with Pansat 1500 and Viacast 2000
Added at one point
Microyal 1000
KUSat 2600
Fortec 5900 (not even hooked up yet)
Coolsat 4000
Viewsat 2000
Pansat 3500
Satwork 3618
Satwork 3688

Some of these are gone now.

Have had a Toshiba 1520 analog (which PSB now has), A Uniden Supra (that Cascade now has), a Toshiba 1420 and a no name analog.

The 1500 I’ve has for almost 18 months now :D

By all means, didn't mean to steal your fun poll.

I voted for hardly ever. Although over 26 years I've had quite a few for various reasons.
6 analog.....3 of which are 4dtv (2 - 920's, 1 - 922)of which one 920 was purchased from a friend (no longer used it) because my 922 got quirky..., but nothing new in 15-20 years or so...
1 VideoCipher II Descrambler....to use with analog receiver to get scrambled channels..
1 Directv....a few years back...
1 Dish HD DVR (921)....3 months ago
3 DVB....One 8-10 years ago and 2 in the last month...

Al

Damn, You have been doing this almost as long as I've been alive. :bow

I purchased my first DVB receiver in April, the Pansat 2700.

Since then, in the past month actually, I purchased a professional Digitrans DTE-7150T (rebranded Motorola 4801), a broadcast unit capable of FTA DCII and DVB 4:2:2 (BTW, if anyone is wondering, I haven't gotten around to setting that up yet, plenty has been happening. I will get around to this eventually and post the results here, I promise :) )

I see at least one Pansat 3500 in my future :D

Hardly ever... I bought Iceberg's MRX1000 and it works great for my level of usage so far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.