FridgeFTA may be Gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FTA may not be the revenue stream it was before which is why we have seen many of these fly by night receiver companies and small mom and pop (and even some established) FTA businesses fall by the wayside.

But if you have the equipment there has been PLENTY to watch including a number of 4K events that you would not see anywhere else.

I think the broadcasters know there are not many of us left out here so most of these special feeds have been put up there unencrypted.

And I can tell you that the HD or 4K that is being sent is a pure signal direct from the uplink much better you will get from any DBS or cable company.

I like to think of FTA much like fishing, but instead of casting a line you clack the skies seeing what goodies you can catch.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I think the broadcasters know there are not many of us left out here so most of these special feeds have been put up there unencrypted.
Exactly! Brian and I had this same discussion a few months back.

FTA may not be the revenue stream it was before which is why we have seen many of these fly by night receiver companies and small mom and pop (and even some established) FTA businesses fall by the wayside.

But if you have the equipment there has been PLENTY to watch including a number of 4K events that you would not see anywhere else.

And I can tell you that the HD or 4K that is being sent is a pure signal direct from the uplink much better you will get from any DBS or cable company.

I like to think of FTA much like fishing, but instead of casting a line you clack the skies seeing what goodies you can catch.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Even my wife can tell the difference from the ota abc and the abc feed. I was surprised how much cleaner the signal was getting it direct. I havent had the chance to check out any 4k yet though i did get a wetek play 2 with the dvbs/s2 tuner but have yet to scan anything in with it. I had to bring the thing home to update it and havent taken it to the shop to hook it up yet. I do know im not real enthusiastic about the satellite scanning of the wetek (isnt like any other set top box i have tried), however i did try the media player function and really like that. its very quick accessing video files on a hard drive and plays back really nice. It has Kodi but i know nothing about that, but to some its important. Supposedly there is something you download in Kodi that lets you scan satellites, i believe its called tvheadend but i havent played with it enough to figure it out and have found no real instruction as to how to install it, and probably wont. It looks complicated to me, or at least not as easy as id like it to be. Truth is i havent had the time to just sit and mess around with this thing other then a little bit of goofing off. Hopefully the new 4k manhattan box is pretty good and ill move the wetek to the camper with the hard drive with the movies we have and maybe a 90cm dish later and use the manhattan box for 4k if it pans out.

I did grab a lot of stuff for the A3 and have it here. So, if someone needs something about the A3, I could possibly help.
bpalone i have a A3,and software went back to satellite list europe sat list,can i get a copy of the north america sat list?do have a backup,but it is not north sat list.

bpalone i have a A3,and software went back to satellite list europe sat list,can i get a copy of the north america sat list?do have a backup,but it is not north sat list.

I have the files that are generated from a Database Transform. You could try importing them via Database Transform. When I import them I get my Western satellites and switch/LNB setting. I'm not sure if these files are keyed to the specific A3 or it they'd work on any A3.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rNXaU1Gt7-SDUxbmpqblE3MlE

Place just the files on an SD card and import from from the Settings>>Misc. Settings>>Database Transform>>Import Database>>SD1

Reactions: jopta
I have the files that are generated from a Database Transform. You could try importing them via Database Transform. When I import them I get my Western satellites and switch/LNB setting. I'm not sure if these files are keyed to the specific A3 or it they'd work on any A3.
They will work on any A3.
I hooked him up. ;)

Reactions: gpflepsen
They will work on any A3.
I hooked him up. ;)
Excellent!

I'm just starting to experiment with the restore methods, what does what etc. How did you "hook him up"? The Amiko Satellite loader is a dead end internet destination, supplied by an fridgefta server, no doubt.

I recall Joe having a guide for doing the database transform, but I don't recall why he was supplying it. I think he kept regular folks like me somewhat in the dark and tried to spoon-feed with only what they needed to do, not necessarily why they were doing it.

He used to stress that the WIFI was not to me used because that would invite trouble. I've been using just the WIFI for the past month or so without any observable negative results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)