Friend just got Dish installed in Ohio and they put her on the Western arc ...... ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Unklebuck

Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
ohio
I believe there may have been an issue with the Eastern arc as some trees possibly
could be in the way, everything seemed to be working ok and her signal levels were
better than mine on a clear view of the Eastern arc. We are in the same zip code and
my levels are in the 50's with the best one being 64. 70's and 80's her levels.

My question is will she have more of an issue with rain fade being on the western arc ?
also in the point screen window there is no zip code listed just 00000.

Also I gave her a Dish referral card and the installer told her she could use it but would
not receive free installation or free activation. Hmmmm.. I'm assuming she called a local
dish installer and not Dish itself to arrange the install. Any DIRT members here that might have
an answer about the referral ? :confused:

Thanks !

If your friend didn't have a clear line of sight to the Eastern ARC satellites the technician would have set the services up like this. With her signal strength being in the 70's and 80's she shouldn't have issues with rain fade unless the storm is really severe. I would need you to PM her phone number as well as your phone or account number to check on the status of the referral. Her account needs to be active and in good standing for 30 days before the $5 discount will start to apply to your account. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks Ray ! will pm you when I get done with this she was supposed to receive $50.00 off of her 1st bill
and I was supposed to receive 5 free ppv's as well

I assume Cleveland market? They're the only market in Ohio where locals are on both arcs ;)

Western Arc will have higher numbers. MPEG2 signals have higher signals than MPEG4 does. Eastern Arc is all MPEG4 so 50's signal is fine
Western Arc you will see in most cases 60's into the 70's on 110 & 119
129 I've seen most transponders around 54-55 except for 21 which is MPEG2...that skies up to the upper 70's

Thanks for the reply Iceberg ! I'm in Akron so yes the Cleveland market are my locals.

Also thanks for the info on the different arcs ! I was worried that since I referred her to get Dish
I didn't want her to have issues with the different arc .

It's fine I also live in a dual-arc DMA and being on western arc I technically get more channels than the eastern arc (SD locals.)

110 TP 16 is 78, 119 TP 16 is 84, 129 TP 19 is 60.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)