Frimware version 2.4 out for GEN 1 players!!!

The firmware iso update for the A1 is now available in the link to firmware I posted in the sticky. Now where, oh where is the Gen3?

S~

Never mind. Up now.

Last edited:
"NotRead"

I burned the ISO to a CD-R but my A1 displays a message that the disc isn't a DVD. It won't do the upgrade. Any thoughts?

I burned the ISO to a CD-R but my A1 displays a message that the disc isn't a DVD. It won't do the upgrade. Any thoughts?

Did you burn it using .iso burning software? If not, use one of the utilities listed in the update thread in the sticky section.

S~

Did you burn it using .iso burning software? If not, use one of the utilities listed in the update thread in the sticky section.

S~

Yes, I used Active@ ISO Burner (running Vista). The software indicated it was successful.

Any release notes on what this fixes?

-John
Firmware Update Version: 2.4

Applicable Models: HD-XA1, HD-A1, and HD-D1.

Overview: As part of our commitment to provide world-class service to our customers, Toshiba is supplying this firmware update for use by purchasers of Toshiba HD DVD Player models HD-XA1, HD-A1, and HD-D1. This firmware update improves network connectivity for supporting the download of web-enabled network content associated with certain HD DVD discs, improves certain video and audio processing capabilities, and also addresses certain disc playback and HDMI/DVI related issues identified by Toshiba.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)