Fringe: Season 4

Well...Friday night's show drew a dismal 2.8 million viewers nationwide. These are NBC/CW numbers. I just don't see how they're going to wrap-up this series when the entire season has been a simultaneous head-scratching/arse-scratching fustercluck. :confused:

It's as though every decision the producers and writers made about this show have been wrong (i.e., the George Costanza effect) and/or designed to irritate the audience. :boink:

But perhaps this show is a smash hit in an alternate universe. :rolleyes:

Time to pick-up a shovel and bury this show...at least in this universe. :tombstone:

IIRC, the "machine" created a new time line for both universes...both the same as before, but without Peter.
Looking forward to the return of Dr. Jones...or the "other" Dr. Jones, I assume.

I thought the machine just bridged the two universes. The bald men removed Peter from the timeline. Now we have the "good" bald man that has been showing signs of rebelling against the other bald men and restoring Peter to the time line getting shot.

I thought the machine just bridged the two universes. The bald men removed Peter from the timeline. Now we have the "good" bald man that has been showing signs of rebelling against the other bald men and restoring Peter to the time line getting shot.

After 3 1/2 years of watching this show I have barely a clue who the bald men are, how they operate, and how they "fit in" to the storyline...

I've been trying to catch up with this season, watching the episodes online. I've only gone through episode 5 and I missed episode 2 (although I probably didn't miss much in that episode.) Honestly, I don't FOX renewing Fringe for another season and I actually think it might get better ratings on a cable network like FX or USA network.

I've been trying to catch up with this season, watching the episodes online. I've only gone through episode 5 and I missed episode 2 (although I probably didn't miss much in that episode.) Honestly, I don't FOX renewing Fringe for another season and I actually think it might get better ratings on a cable network like FX or USA network.

It's not going to get better ratings anywhere unless the writers and producers get their heads out of their A**'s.

Fringe is as off the rails with their Peter story line as CBS' Ghost Whisperer was when they killed off Jim & then their subsequent story line of how they brought him back.

If they cancel Terra Nova,then how can they justify keeping Fringe on the air?

Anna Torv is Rupert Murdoch's niece?

Syndication? This is usually the big decider on a lot of series, if they have a secondary market to sell the series into like foreign markets or other channels like syfy. An expensive show like Terra Nova with only half a season is a lot harder sell since they really cannot resell the show until they have 80-100 episodes. Fringe has about 80 episodes (at the end of this current season). It will be really close to the number needed for reruns, so they (Warner Brothers) might do another season and not charge Fox much of anything to get enough episodes for a good syndication resell.

Anna Torv is Rupert Murdoch's niece?

Syndication? This is usually the big decider on a lot of series, if they have a secondary market to sell the series into like foreign markets or other channels like syfy. An expensive show like Terra Nova with only half a season is a lot harder sell since they really cannot resell the show until they have 80-100 episodes. Fringe has about 80 episodes (at the end of this current season). It will be really close to the number needed for reruns, so they (Warner Brothers) might do another season and not charge Fox much of anything to get enough episodes for a good syndication resell.

100 is the magic number. I know they(then UPN) waited until Star Trek Enterprise had 100 episodes before they canceled it.

Ummm...not a bad episode, but it looks like it's going to take Peter a full-season to find his way back home...just in time for the series to be cancelled and a hurried "let's try to tie all the loose ends together" tossed-out for a viewing displeasure. We shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)