Fringe: Season 5

I understand how the writers had to set the stage for a 13-episode conclusion, but jamming 24-years of events into a few minute segment was not well-done. And yes, it is a bit strange when Walter couldn't remember details, like how he came to possess William Bell's hand after being interrogated by the Oberver (very Agent Smith-Morpheus like). And how she is a gun-toting, NRA card carrying, shoot 'em first, ask no questions, rebel fighting the Observers. Anyway, I'm very glad to have the show back to wrap things up although I found a couple things to be odd:

1. No mention of the alternate universe. What ever happened to it? Seems odd how we can go three full seasons battling with them only to have them completely out-of-the-picture.

2. What about the paranormal activity? Why don't they use some of the bad guys against the observers?

3. I don't recall why the observers are here anyway...and why would they wish to inhabit a place which is too oxygen rich for their blood?

Come on,a sane coherent Walter,what kind of show would that be?

I understand wanting to go out with a bang and wrap some stuff up with the 13 episodes they have, but I hated the way the episode was done. It didn't even feel like the same show.

I miss the mysteries of the first few seasons (even last year had a healthy dose of those).

Since it's the last season, I'll watch it to see things wrapped up, but if the season remains like this, then there's no way I'd continue to watch it if it wasn't being concluded so soon.

I never cared for the Creature Feature of the week portion of FRINGE. I like having a continuing story arc that is Bigger than the feature of the week mini storyline. Even X files had a continuing greater story that connected all the series together: Do you believe...in Aliens? If Fringe had stayed just a freak of the week story of a show ,it would of been cancelled long ago. In Fringe the "Observers" have been behind a lot of the mini plots in each weeks episode and now the humans will finally deal with them in the last 13 episodes.:popcorn

Okay show last night. First, I liked it because the teams character and mission were more firmly established. However, I do miss the "Creature of the Week" under theme and it is so different that the 'other' universe isn't even passing thought. Well, they have a 11 more hours of take us somewhere.

"Unforeseen events lead the rogue Fringe team to a forest that is home to people devoted to recording human history."

Don't forget to rate this show over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2352398/

This seems like an strangely interesting show...

Reminds me of the plot of Fahrenheit 451. A group of people living in the forest , memorizing the great books of our history ,before they burn them ,since it was against the law to read the books. Keeping our human history alive so to speak. As the older people started to die, they would get a younger person to memorize the book that they had in their minds . Telling them the story on their death bed and the child would memorize it as they talked. He then became the book for a new generation.

I am not complaining, at least FOX decided to give it one more season, and it is known that it is the last season so they can hopefully wrap up the story lines nicely.

I was afraid that I had a timer issue and missed this week. I guess I'm glad that it was just baseball. :) Seems like a lot to wrap up in the next 10 hours. I too miss the "freak of the week". Not much in the way of this type of show left after Fringe ends.

Good episode. Hated to see the daughter eat it though. I rather likes her character.

Agreed...good show, and I really enjoyed how they introduced a little "fringe" into the episode and used it against the Observes. just a few take-aways: 1) I didn't see the girl eating a bullet - didn't like care for it either. I wonder if they somehow 'get her back' before the series finale? 2) Nice to see Broyles make a return to the show...and I loved his role in the resistance. 3) I was surprised how easily the Observers are falling. Forget Walters indecipherable plans, just shoot 'em in the head. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)