Fringe: Season 5

Through the Looking Glass and What Walter Found There: Friday, 9 November 2012 (9:00 PM ET)

"A team member assumes a new role; Walter follows a lead."

Don't forget to rate this episode at the IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2385738/

What Walter Found There? Knowing Walter, my money is on a bag of sensamelian and a monkey boy named Peter with a microchip up his arse. ;)

Through the Looking Glass and What Walter Found There. Who wrote this show...J.R.R. Tolkien? Where was Frodo and his band of merry hobbits. Well, let's see where to begin...Walter made 8 VHS tapes which will lead the team to the secret that will help destroy the Observers. Why not one tape? The damn things can record 2-6 hours of video. Hell, he made the tapes in 2016 so why didn't he record his schpeel onto a digital storage device? And why the scavenger hunt? In this episode Walter creates a pocket universe (obviously created during an LSD and Marijuana binge 20-years earlier) to hide another part of the secret, which just happens to involve hiding a Lil Observer.

I don't know about you, but if I could create a pocket universe then I would be banishing all kinds of selfish, rube and bad people (bad drivers, politicians and my mother-in-law) out to the corn field, so to speak. Moreover, I can't believe Walter has discovered the secret to destroying the Observers...but he inconveniently can't remember the details! Finally, Neo (I mean Peter) now "moves like them" and is becoming matrixed (pun intended). Okay...perhaps this episode wouldn't be so bad if I weren't completely and totally lost as to the what, where and why of it all; the story is disjointed and gobbledygooky. Yep, gobbledygooky pretty much sums up my feeling for what I just watched.

I just don't recognize this show any longer. Unless the writers and producers have some magic up their collective sleeves, this may be one of the most disappointing 2-hour series finales ever. I hope that I'm wrong...

I could not make it past the first half. Stopped and deleted...as well the timer. Would rather end it with fond memories of what it used to be, not the absolute abortion it is now. Never in my wildest dreams would I think they could screw it up SO BADLY!!!

Why do I have this feeling that we are going to have Walter wake up back in the mental institution with Peter and Olivia visiting him with their new daughter and the entire series was his dream?

Would be kind of a cool way to end it, in a way. But it would be just like Bobby in the shower on Dallas if they did that. I don't think that ending or video that turns sudden black ,like on that HBO Mob series, would be the way to leave the fans who have watched this show this long. Peter will be key in the resolution of the show , just like he was key in the merging of the two universes using the machine and like he was the premise of the entire series. If Walter had never gone to the other universe to kidnap this Peter to "save" him from dieing , none of this would of happened in the first place. Some how Peter will be the way we defeat the Observers.

Why do I have this feeling that we are going to have Walter wake up back in the mental institution with Peter and Olivia visiting him with their new daughter and the entire series was his dream?

There was a "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" episode,where she woke up in an asylum or hospital, and it turned out the entire series was a delusion.

The never referred to it ever again, but it was AWESOME!

Perhaps it will not really be a dream sequence but something akin to Yesterday's Enterprise where the timeline is reset by Peter and it never happened.

I have confidence that it will be a good ending. Remember the last episode will be a 2 hour one. IF they do a reset and none of this ever happened, then it would be an easy way out like the Star Trek series & movies How many times in just about every incarnation of this show, have they done a time line change /reset show? It was a staple on all the Star Trek series & the movies and we keep coming back for more .

I'm also starting to think that the ending is going to suck. I keep waiting for Peter to do a Matrix Superman thing. But I guess being able to jump through space is just as good. I expect that he will soon be able to jump through time as well so he can do pretty much whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Well, we all knew Fringe was going to reappear somewhere...I'm just surprised it wasn't on FX. Anyway, Fringe and the Science Channel are a good mix. I haven't seen the Season 1 episode in ages. I may not tune-in to the new episode because they may bring tears to my eyes comparing how good the old shows were to how bad this season has become.

Well, we all knew Fringe was going to reappear somewhere...I'm just surprised it wasn't on FX. Anyway, Fringe and the Science Channel are a good mix. I haven't seen the Season 1 episode in ages. I may not tune-in to the new episode because they may bring tears to my eyes comparing how good the old shows were to how bad this season has become.
With 'ya! JJ, and or his producers/writers should be boiled in oil for this cluster F***!

New low in ratings, which continue to sink toward CW level.

9 p.m.
CBS: "CSI: NY" (9.7 million, 6.4/11)
ABC: "Shark Tank" (6.7 million, 4.2/7)
NBC: "Grimm" (5.3 million, 3.2/5)
FOX: "Fringe" (2.4 million, 1.6/3)
The CW: "Nikita" (890,000, 0.6/1)

Conversely, the show does have that personal touch...it's like they made it just for me - literally!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)