Fringe: Season 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Great show this evening - I very much enjoyed the Season Finale. :)

Impressions? As much as I've enjoyed this show, they had a nice ending and it was time to shutdown production. I'll be tuning in for reruns on FX from time-to-time.

Did anyone catch the background news of 'Chelsea Clinton leads polls in Presidential race' wile Olivia was visiting the sister universe? I haven't been this scared during an episode of Fringe since Season 3. :rolleyes:

I would of been more scared if they had said Jenna Bush was leading in the polls in the presidential race.:rolleyes:

Did anyone catch the background news of 'Chelsea Clinton leads polls in Presidential race' wile Olivia was visiting the sister universe? I haven't been this scared during an episode of Fringe since Season 3. :rolleyes:

That was in the sister universe, not ours? Or are we in that universe? lol

I didn't catch that but I enjoyed the series finale. Was hooked from the first episode and even in the middle WTF are they doing seasons. :D

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

I thought EVERYTHING was a little too convenient. But, a tolerable ending. Best part was..."checking out my young ass".

Yes, but does time reset in both universes? I will assume so, but eventually time progresses as usual in the alternate universe. Also, what happens to Walter back in 2015? Does he just mysteriously disappear other than Peter receiving a hand drawn picture of a tulip? Anyway, happy ending...perhaps too happy...but a lot better finale than I had hoped for given this past season.

Last edited:
Fringe' finale goes quietly, CBS wins the night

Source

"FOX said goodbye to "Fringe" on Friday night with a two-hour finale episode, and though ratings were up a bit from last week's penultimate "Fringe" Friday, that's not saying much. It did come out about even with last year's Season 4 finale."

8 p.m.
CBS: "Undercover Boss" (9.4 million viewers, 6.0/10 households)
ABC: "Last Man Standing" (6.6 million, 4.2/7)/"Malibu Country" (5.8 million, 3.8/6)
NBC: "Betty White's Off Their Rockers" rerun (3.6 million, 2.3/4)
FOX: "Fringe" (3.3 million, 2.0/3)
The CW: "Nikita" (1.2 million, 0.8/1)

9 p.m.
CBS: "CSI: NY" (10.6 million, 6.8/11)
ABC: "Shark Tank" (5.5 million, 3.4/6)
NBC: "Dateline: NBC" (4.8 million, 3.3/5)
FOX: "Fringe" (3.0 million, 1.9/3)
The CW: "Beauty and the Beast" rerun (885,000, 0.6/1)

Regardless, the reviews on IMDb.com and other sources were favorable.

'Fringe' ratings up for finale: How the show survived...largest audience of season

Nice discussion about why Fox kept this show on the air...

Source

"The final episode of Fringe delivered the drama’s biggest audience of the season. Sure, it still wasn’t very much. The two-hour series closer had only 3.2 million viewers and a 1.0 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, on par with its fourth season finale.

But that’s part of the Fringe story — a show Fox liked enough to keep on the air long past its ratings expiration date. In fact, Fox’s entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly has previous cited Fringe has the network’s make-up gift to the sci-fi community. Granted, one of his predecessors killed Firefly, but Fox let this fan-favorite play out. “Fringe has been a point of pride,” the executive once said. “I share the passion for the show the fans have. I love that Fox, after letting down genre fans over the years [came through with Fringe].”

Thanks Fox for keeping this show on the air...even though the writing got muddled starting in Season 3. Oh, and Thank You to everyone who participated in this thread. I very much enjoyed your comments and the discussion.
:hatsoff:

Full Story

I would like to know what the white tulip had to do with anything? I read that there was an earlier Fringe episode called "white tulip" and it symbolized Walter's favorite picture ,but did Peter know that and did he get the reference at the end of the show? As for the alternate universe , I didn't get why the observers didn't invade in their universe too,since the two universes were similar and somewhat linked together. On the other hand, sense the observers could travel from one universe to the other , it would of made since that they could of come from the alternate universe future and came back to the past of the main universe to make that world change environmentally to make it more compatible for their needs. Also it would make sure that their future ,where they came from in their universe,didn't change by what they did in the past. But they didn't go there ,since they were trying to wrap up things for the ending.

By the way, I loved the ending and watched it twice to catch anything I missed.:)

I remember the White Tulip in an episode a couple years ago. I think the scientist, Peck, who turned himself into a human time machine used it to symbolize forgiveness because he was unable to save his fiance. At least that's what I remember. I think Walter used it in a later episode, but I could be wrong. I will assume the white tulip is Walter's way of seeking forgiveness from Peter for for his decision take September's son into the future, and perhaps for everything else he may have done. Of course, only Walter knows of his decision...and how the letter arrived back in the year 2015 is a complete mystery. We are left to speculate what happened to Walter, how his disappearance will be explained, and what's in store for the Peter & Family and the rest of humanity.

On a side note, I would have loved to have seen September live to have taken his son into the future, and Walter live a normal existence with him family. In that respect the ending was a little surprising. C'est la vie!

http://www.masslive.com/television/index.ssf/2010/04/fringe_-_white_tulip.html

IIRC, in an earlier episode from this season, the white tulip was discovered in the freak universe where Walter hid the boy, and it seems like Walter said that it was a sign of hope that helped him cope when he was in the looney bin. Or maybe I saw it personally when I travelled in time? :D

IIRC, in an earlier episode from this season, the white tulip was discovered in the freak universe where Walter hid the boy, and it seems like Walter said that it was a sign of hope that helped him cope when he was in the looney bin. Or maybe I saw it personally when I travelled in time? :D

That would make sense ,but how did the letter get to Peter in 2015 ,if Walter mailed a letter to him in the past. Because the information about Walter mailing Peter the letter was revealed to us in the video tape they rescued from the amber, in the last episode. That meant Walter would of made the tape in 2015 before the amber incident and slightly after the Observers invaded ,which would of never happened, if Walter disappeared on the same day that the invasion would of happened ,but never did ,due to the time line reset. Oh my GOD my head hurts now..... :eek: I guess the letter Peter read was Walter's way of saying goodbye and this would be the way Peter would find out something was up with Walter and then discover he had indeed disappeared. OH well, I liked the ending and will accept it for what it is. I wouldn't mind owning the entire series on blu-ray. I really love sci-fi stories about alternate universes and time travel. The monster of the week episodes were just filler to me and the underlying continuing story arc about the two worlds and eventually the observer invasion was what held my attention through the entire series.

I will miss the show and the quirky characters of all the infinite universes and times that they lived in.;)

The ending was OK, but really it only resolves this season. It was an interesting journey, but I have no desire to watch Fringe reruns.

I don't imagine that many people do, as it ended up on Sci Channel.

So they can make fun of how much made up science there is in it? But, I suppose since Syfy became the ghost hunter network, fake science on the Science channel makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts