FROM DISH: New 942 Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.
BFG said:
No, the 942 exists....

Yea, Bigfoot had one installed last week. He posted his install experience in another post. His installer, Nessie, left the unit for him to do a self-install. He said he's having a tough time getting the 61.5 bird from the Pacific Northwest.

The sheet in the first post says TV2 Agile Steroe Coax out Channels 21-69 adn 72-125)

Will this allow a customer to have a 942 and a 522 and then send the 942 TV2 out on channel 72 and also send the TV2 from the 522 out to the SAME TV on say channel 21

Thus the TV in the other room can switch between TV2 from the 942 and TV2 from the 522 just by changing channels, or will there be a signal conflict on the coax? Any one ever do this before?

Does the 522 have a stereo Agile out?

I noticed the new remote control now supports multiple UHF boxes via the AUX button, is this what it is for?

By have a 942 and 522 in the house with this setup you would have a big Home Media Server setup.

ScottChez, that is doable, and in fact I take it a little further (see my diagram in my setup, the link is in my signature). It works very well.

And yes, the 522's TV2 RF out is stereo. The "agile" just means you can pick between different bands (UHF, HRC, IRC, etc.). TV1 out is mono and is not agile--it's VHF-Lo only, and further restricted to only channels 3 and 4.

If what you say is true about the AUX button being capable of supporting a second E* receiver, that is great news to me. :)

gpflepsen said:
Yea, Bigfoot had one installed last week. He posted his install experience in another post. His installer, Nessie, left the unit for him to do a self-install. He said he's having a tough time getting the 61.5 bird from the Pacific Northwest.

Hmmm.. I find this hard to believe. The 942 has not yet been released. Did he post pictures of it?

WeeJavaDude said:
Hmmm.. I find this hard to believe. The 942 has not yet been released. Did he post pictures of it?

I think you need to read his post a little closer.

gpflepsen said:
Some people read for comprehension :)

No slam on you, WJD. :D

Well I deserve a slam.. That is what one gets when they read so many of these posts. Eyes start to cross. With all the waky names on here, I assumed Bigfoot was legit. My mind even registered that I have seen that name before as a user ID. Missed the Nessie reference all together. that would have saved me. ;)

Thanks Bruce.. Missed that one. Thats what one gets for rushing during work hours. :D

Silly me.. there are no 942 in the wild that I know of so was curious if someone actually had some real pictures of one.

BF put a picture up of his TV2 output in his living room.

Attachments

• bigfoot.jpg
    bigfoot.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 211
gpflepsen said:
BF put a picture up of his TV2 output in his living room.
Well, that's it, then.

It's Official; HDTV has arrived. Even Bigfoot has one!

I want a 942

How do I get a 942? If Bigfoot had one installed how do I get one?UOTE=gpflepsen]Yea, Bigfoot had one installed last week. He posted his install experience in another post. His installer, Nessie, left the unit for him to do a self-install. He said he's having a tough time getting the 61.5 bird from the Pacific Northwest.[/QUOTE]

I also heard that "LittleGreenManFromMars" got one installed last week, but they were having a little trouble with OTA reception, even though the only thing between them and the towers was space dust!

OK, here's a serious question.

Can the 942 record two programs (one possibly OTA DTV) and play two different recorded programs over the two TV outs?

It has 3 tuners and 2 playbacks. Use those options in any combinations you can think of.

So the answer to your question is yes.

It shouid be able to record three programs (two sat & one OTA) while watching two previous recordings

Yes, in Dual User Mode, record three, watch 2 previously recorded events. In Single User Mode, record three, watch one previously recorded event.

It's being beta'd by folks right now. I think dish truely wants to have a stable box this time before they release it :)

Misleading Ad

Yesterday a full-page ad ran in USAToday for E*. In the fine print among receivers listed was the 942! So today I called tech support to order one for myself (as an existing customer) but the guy was clueless, saying maybe July before existing customers can lease the 942. Arrrrgh! Hopefully he truly is clueless and we will get a crack as soon as the newbies do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DP34 with a DP21

Will today Yankee game be Blacked out on ESPN2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)