From dish to directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rob321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Atlanta GA
I currently have dish network with a 1000.2 dish and im going to give directv a try. My question is with HD programing what dish will I recieve and if the new dish will most likely work in the same spot my current dish is, its on a pole and I hope to be able to have the new one installed at the same location.

thanks

If you want HD you will get depending on location either a slimline 3 or 5 LNB

slimline 3 sees 99/101/103
slimline 5 sees 99/101/103/110/119

only reason you'd get the 5 LNB is if you need Spanish channels or your SD locals are on 119. 110 is useless right now

HD is on 99 & 103

it all depends on if you have a clear line of site where that pole is at for our birds. If the tech can get the birds from there than yes it will be put in the same spot. The dish that you will recieve is the Swimline its a pretty big dish but will get you the best signals for your HD programming.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may need an SL5 to get all of the music (SonicTap) channels. I might be wrong, but aren't a few of them on the 119?

I currently have dish network with a 1000.2 dish and im going to give directv a try. My question is with HD programing what dish will I recieve and if the new dish will most likely work in the same spot my current dish is, its on a pole and I hope to be able to have the new one installed at the same location.

thanks

your existing pole will probably, im guessing, 1 3/4 size while the Slimline is a 2 inch pole required.

you will get the 1 meter sized dish (slimline) with either SL3 or SL5. probably in your location, im guessing SL5.

your existing pole will probably, im guessing, 1 3/4 size while the Slimline is a 2 inch pole required.

you will get the 1 meter sized dish (slimline) with either SL3 or SL5. probably in your location, im guessing SL5.

Yes, you are correct. They make a converter that fits into & around the smaller pole (which your installer will not have) that changes the pole to the required 2 inches. I'd shop around our sponsors pages & have one fed-x'd to me; it will not only save you money ('cause the installer wont have to build up another pole mount) but time as well. They don't look sturdy enough to hold that beast of a dish but it works just fine. Enjoy. :)

only sonictap channels on 119 are the spanish ones we had for years.

Thanks, my memory glitched on that one. I rememer a thread here or at DBS that taked about the requirement of the SL3 or 5 to get all of the music channels. Must have been the SL3. I know that the old "circa '99" DTV dish can't receive all of the SonicTap channels since I have that for my sd D11 box.

only sonictap channels on 119 are the spanish ones we had for years.

I have the SL3 and am missing some of the English channels.
Per Iceberg:
PUMP is on 119 satellite so unless you have a 5 LNB slimline or a Phase III you're screwed

These are on 119

SONC 807
SONC 815
SONC 824
SONC 852
SONC 853
SONC 855
SONC 861
SONC 865
SONC 870
SONC 873
SONC 876