From OTA to locals available

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Katz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
I currently do not have locals available (Salisbury, MD). But they are supposed to be added sometime in November. I have a couple of questions.

Currently I get my locals by combo of OTA and DNS.

1-When locals become available how do I know? (Do I have to check online or will DTV notify me or will they show up on my channel guide?)
2- Will the locals be HD & SD or just HD? (I have 1 HD DVR & 1 SD DVR)
3- Will I automatically lose the DNS? (if my locals are in HD only would I be able to keep the DNS for the SD?)
4- Will I need to go online or call DTV to switch? (my package is currently listed w/ "no locals")

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me!

im in the salsibury dma also
we were talking in another thread and it was mentioned that they would be turned on nov 23rd
if by dns you mean the nbc/abc you get now, you will most likely lose the abc when they put wmdt up
why do you want to keep sd? the hd can be downconverted, im using it with an h24 on a sd tv

Looks like all but The CW will be HD.
Code:
675	*WBOC	16	5	SW2 @99W	99S	13	1010	164	cbshd
675	*WBOC2	21	5	SW2 @99W	99S	13	1020	164	foxhd
675	*WCPB	28	5	SW2 @99W	99S	13	1030	164	pbshd
675	*WMDT	47	5	SW2 @99W	99S	13	1050	164	abchd
675	*CW	48	5	SW2 @99W	99S	13	1060	164	cw
675	*WDPB	64	5	SW2 @99W	99S	13	1070	164	pbshd
This was extracted from an excel file on the other site.

I notice that NBC isn't listed. :(
My DMA is also getting locals on 11/23.

Last edited:
JD
Salisbury doesnt have a NBC. Dish gets it from Hagerstown. Unknown what D* will give them. Maybe they will still give them the national NBC

1. check the D* site but sometimes there is a slate channel that lets you know
2. seems like all new locals are MPEG4 HD (or SD if it isnt in HD)
3. you might be grandfathered in for a while since locals are being added after the fact.
4. since there is a discount for no locals right now you would need to call in and change it.

New subs (after locals go online) would get them automatically

JD
Salisbury doesnt have a NBC. Dish gets it from Hagerstown. Unknown what D* will give them. Maybe they will still give them the national NBC

1. check the D* site but sometimes there is a slate channel that lets you know
2. seems like all new locals are MPEG4 HD (or SD if it isnt in HD)
3. you might be grandfathered in for a while since locals are being added after the fact.
4. since there is a discount for no locals right now you would need to call in and change it.

New subs (after locals go online) would get them automatically

we currently get abc and nbc from ny

So if I understand correctly, I'll be able to get locals on my HDDVR (HR20), but not on my SDDVR (R16) unless I upgrade that one to a HD model, is that right?

So if I understand correctly, I'll be able to get locals on my HDDVR (HR20), but not on my SDDVR (R16) unless I upgrade that one to a HD model, is that right?

go ahead and upgrade anyway, just fro mrv

As of a week ago, only the HD versions show in the transponder map.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts