Front Panel USB port

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
EHD, Sling Adapter, cooling fan, look at photos on a USB stick, etc.

not sure if the design is the same as it was on the original 722. I never understood why they put the USB port behind the panel where the power button, info button, etc is on the VIP 722. If you use it for the said devices then you can never shut the panel door until you remove the usb device. They fixed this design quirk on the Hopper though.

The front panel USB port gave you easy access to look at USB thumb drives for photos. I think it was designed that way for that purpose. You probably wouldn't want to leave that thumb drive there any longer than to look at the photos. It made no difference at all. Now, the Hopper can do DNLA, there is no need for front access.

I use the front panel to connect up to 9 USB cables to 2 722s -- one at a time to each. 12 drives, 4 raw drives using one stand.
Think of the telephone operator's patch panel with a wide selection of sources to each receiver.
Problem, the thin plastic door hinges eventually break. If possible set them aside before they do break.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)