froyo for droid leaked

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
my jrummy battery life is the PITS, it is the worst i Have seen, thinking of trying bugless beast verison 0.2.1 or maybe sticking it out as I think a rom will be dropped today based on source.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
my jrummy battery life is the PITS, it is the worst i Have seen, thinking of trying bugless beast verison 0.2.1 or maybe sticking it out as I think a rom will be dropped today based on source.

YEah, the battery life is not great, but I am not sure for me that it isn't related to the OC'ing. Have you tried a different kernel? Supposedly the ones from chevy (which have many Low voltage ones) work with it. I have not tried anything myself, as I have not had any problems, and I am waiting for the actual Foryo FRF83 version before jumping ship - and having to wipe AGAIN! :)

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
frf84b leaked!!!!!! :) its not bugless or jrummy....but I hate myself and I am going to throw it on my phone lol...I am sure it wont be as smooth as those guys!

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
frf84b leaked!!!!!! :) its not bugless or jrummy....but I hate myself and I am going to throw it on my phone lol...I am sure it wont be as smooth as those guys!

I saw a comment that said when the user tried to use wireless tether with this rom, it brought him to a verizon signup page. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am thinking about trying BB0.3, as I noticed that the wifi-tether on Kangerade 1.1 is not working for me right now.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Installed Bugless Beast 0.3; running extremely smooth. Got tethering working again -- indeed, I am tethered right now.

Did not need to wipe/cache to do the install. It has the Droid X eye at boot.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
BB 0.3 comes with a kernel installed at 800Mhz. Going to keep it at that kernel for a bit to see what battery life is like.

My Quandrant benchmark at 800Mhz came out at 1002; not bad. I got 1200 on Kangerade, but that was on demand up to 1000Mhz. Yet, it seems very fast running it.

I don't like how he eliminated the background on the launcher though.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Guys - if you have BB0.4 installed, please try out wireless tether; I want to confirm that it still works. There were reports that when you went to tether wifi, it brings you to a Verizon page to sign up for mobile tethering fee.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
There is also a new version of jrummy out, and a "developer" version of FR84, that is on Droid-life; OC'd to 800MHz. Man its raining froyo. :D

Nexus S - the next Google phone

Downgrade from iOS4.2 to iOS4.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts