froyo for droid leaked

You only have to do those steps the first time to get rooted. outdated, I don't know, as once you get root, you just use rom manager and clockworkrecovery.

Guessing you want to root before the OTA of Froyo hits?

Yes. So do I follow all those steps and then pick an OS?

Ok. I rooted with that app. What is the best kernal/Custom OS to use?

Install Rom Manager, and then you can download it through the software. Splurge and get the premium version.

BTW, the OTA update (non-rooted Froyo) is in the wild. Downloadable from Droid-Life.com.

Loaded it up, works pretty good... though had to do a factory reset to get Marketplace to launch :( The USB tethering IS there but requires the $15 a/mos when you connect.

-Mike

When I tried to install a ROM I got an error. It showed a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle hovering over a phone. Any ideas?

When I tried to install a ROM I got an error. It showed a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle hovering over a phone. Any ideas?

Reflash Clockworkmod from rom manager, and see if that helps. Check out the threads at droidworld too; they should be able to help.

ALSO - maybe do a wipe/delete again.

Reflash Clockworkmod from rom manager, and see if that helps. Check out the threads at droidworld too; they should be able to help.

ALSO - maybe do a wipe/delete again.

That worked. I have Pete's Buggless 0.4 now.

I have to redo my home screen though. :(

It reinstalled all my apps to the same version I had which I am happy about, because the new Google Voice took away the ability to use it as a Friends & Family number.

That worked. I have Pete's Buggless 0.4 now.

I have to redo my home screen though. :(

It reinstalled all my apps to the same version I had which I am happy about, because the new Google Voice took away the ability to use it as a Friends & Family number.

Wow, and I was just guessing. ;)

Actually I have seen similar things enough in the droid forums that I figured it would work; I was just about to suggest you just reboot into recovery and clear the cache again, but you are now bugless. :D

Welcome to the family of rooted love.

Get used to re-doing your home screen; everytime you change a rom, you'll be re-doing your screen.

Wow, and I was just guessing. ;)

Actually I have seen similar things enough in the droid forums that I figured it would work; I was just about to suggest you just reboot into recovery and clear the cache again, but you are now bugless. :D

Welcome to the family of rooted love.

Get used to re-doing your home screen; everytime you change a rom, you'll be re-doing your screen.

I just noticed it has 5 Home screens. Nice.

Anyone have Sling that is having problems after going to Pete's Bugless? It says it can't connect to the Sling servers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)