froyo for droid leaked

That seems almost too easy. Anyone used Easy Root? Are there and disadvantages for using this versus one of the other ways to root?

As far as I know, NO disadvantages. You get root, you install rom manager, and then you can install any custom rom. (Well, on the Droid 1, that is; on the Droid X you can install apps like setcpu and wireless tether, but given that locked bootloader, you can't install custom roms).

I just grabbed a copy of the file, just to have it. Already rooted, so don't need it, but I wish I had it back in the day.

Thanks, havent crossed over yet, still considering, but I may pick this up for a just in case scenario.

I used easy root and it was easy and then installed Pete's Bugless 0.4

I just switched themes from the NexTheme to Fabolous's DroidX Theme; on top of BB.4. I like the icon-set better, and the dark-text on buttons problem has been fixed. It works great. Also switched to Launcher Pro Beta, but with just 4 screens for now.

I used easy root and it was easy and then installed Pete's Bugless 0.4

So it is really a one click and done option?

I know when I had my droid, had I done research, it wouldnt have been that difficult. BUT, for a newb, it can be daunting, and I almost messed up. This is as easy as it sounds?

I know when I had my droid, had I done research, it wouldnt have been that difficult. BUT, for a newb, it can be daunting, and I almost messed up. This is as easy as it sounds?

Yeah, I wish it was that easy two months ago?

You have changed phones already? What are you another Stuart628?

Yes one click and a second later you are done.

I KNOW!!! YAY ME!!! Where is my cheerleader smilie when I need her??? :D

I am doing the bugless beast .4. That's what HIFI has, and so I'm going to start out with that.

While it is not quite bugless, its a sweet rom. And put on some theme goodies. I am running Fabolous' X Theme. Its very nice, with those fresh new improved icons from the Droid X.

Does it always take so long to download? I started like half an hour ago and it's only to 47%.

No, not always. You can also download directly from droidforums.net and just transfer the file over to your SD card; and use install rom from SD card in rom manager. I do that most of the time.

I'll remember that for next time. I haven't messed with my phone this much before. It's kinda fun.

You'll go crazy with it for a few weeks, then settle in on something you like.

BUT>..remember, to backup your stuff. Use rom manager to create a backup of your current system, and backup your SD card to a computer. If the card gets corrupted, so do your backups.

I recommend getting Titanium Backup and/or Renware's My Backup Pro. Now that you are rooted, both have the power to backup everything, including sms/call log, and all system data.

Nexus S - the next Google phone

Downgrade from iOS4.2 to iOS4.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)