froyo for droid leaked

Just used wifi tether to tether my macbook pro over bluetooth.... So awesome. I got the feeling I was using my droids battery faster than the usb could charge it though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just used wifi tether to tether my macbook pro over bluetooth.... So awesome. I got the feeling I was using my droids battery faster than the usb could charge it though.

I never encountered that, but after an hour of tethering the phone was definitely getting hot.

Got it to 110 a little bit ago...

Two weeks ago I accidentally left it in the sun for an hour on a team outing... 23 ppl 3 pontoon boats, beer, colorado river... Fun until I broke my toe... Anyways it was so hot it was like handling a cookie sheet fresh from the oven. I put it in a ziploc and dipped it in the river for 30 sec and was then able to turn it on.... Setcpu read 132.

Got it to 110 a little bit ago...

Two weeks ago I accidentally left it in the sun for an hour on a team outing... 23 ppl 3 pontoon boats, beer, colorado river... Fun until I broke my toe... Anyways it was so hot it was like handling a cookie sheet fresh from the oven. I put it in a ziploc and dipped it in the river for 30 sec and was then able to turn it on.... Setcpu read 132.

Yikes. I have SetCPU set to throttle down to 500MHz max if the temperature reached 40 degrees Celsius. I want this phone to last, so when I finally upgrade, my wife will be able to use it for a couple of years. When I give it to her, I will end up eliminating OC'ng on it entirely.

I just saw rumors of the Droid Pro coming out in November. 4" screen, 1.3GHZ processor. Not sure what else, although I would not be surprised if it has a GSM and CDMA radio for world travel. That would be sweet.

OH, and OUCH about the toe. Where on the Colorado River were you? (I miss Colorado, big time).

Ok, I'm having a heart attack. I installed the bb.4, then rebooted, and now it is just going back and forth from the droid eye and the word droid. Um, now what? Is it supposed to do that or did i mess it up?

Ok, I'm having a heart attack. I installed the bb.4, then rebooted, and now it is just going back and forth from the droid eye and the word droid. Um, now what? Is it supposed to do that or did i mess it up?

Were you on Froyo to begin with? Or were you on 2.1?

If so, you need to do a wipe/delete cache. Froyo needs to have a clean slate.

Can you reboot into recovery? Power button holding down the X key; and then nandroid will start. And you can select wipe/delete cache.

You did not screw up; it happened to me.

If you have to pull the battery to reboot do it.

Ok, I was afraid to mess it up again (i really suck at stuff like this, i always mess stuff up) so I let hifi mess with it. He took it clear back to the beginning, now I have nothing on it. So now I am at android version 2.2 and bugless beast v0.1. Now what? I guess it doesn't matter if I mess it up again, cuz i don't have anything to lose.

Yikes. I have SetCPU set to throttle down to 500MHz max if the temperature reached 40 degrees Celsius. I want this phone to last, so when I finally upgrade, my wife will be able to use it for a couple of years. When I give it to her, I will end up eliminating OC'ng on it entirely.

I just saw rumors of the Droid Pro coming out in November. 4" screen, 1.3GHZ processor. Not sure what else, although I would not be surprised if it has a GSM and CDMA radio for world travel. That would be sweet.

OH, and OUCH about the toe. Where on the Colorado River were you? (I miss Colorado, big time).

Rented boats from willow bay, and played between there and the 'do not enter area' under the bypass south of the dam.

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 67
Ok, I was afraid to mess it up again (i really suck at stuff like this, i always mess stuff up) so I let hifi mess with it. He took it clear back to the beginning, now I have nothing on it. So now I am at android version 2.2 and bugless beast v0.1. Now what? I guess it doesn't matter if I mess it up again, cuz i don't have anything to lose.

Now, install BB.4; it should not have a problems, but you can wipe cache again while installing, since you are starting from scratch anyways.

Pete says it is not necessary to wipe cache coming from another froyo build, but the consensus is that it nevers hurts.

Just make sure you get those backup programs I told you. Titanium can build an update.zip file of all of your stuff that you can install through rom manager if needed.

Ok, it's all fixed. Where do I get themes? Also, I don't remember where I got the swype, and I'm having a heck of a time typing without it. Could you remind me where to get it? That would be awesome!

Ok, it's all fixed. Where do I get themes? Also, I don't remember where I got the swype, and I'm having a heck of a time typing without it. Could you remind me where to get it? That would be awesome!

Swype:

Swype | Text Input for Screens

Check out the forums at droidforums.net, go to Custom Roms, Bugless, and there are threads for custom themes. Some of the themes are available through rom manager.

Custom Roms - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Many themes change the stock font, and replace it with one I don't like. But there is a stockfont theme out there too. Just gotta poke around a bit. THey are not organized, just separate threads.

I love Fabolous' X Theme for Bugless.

[Theme] xTheme 0.3 (Droid X) for Bugless Beast V0.4 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

IF the bootloader is locked on the CS Droid/Milestone, what danger am I in if I try to install a custom rom? Will it simply not install? Or could it brick.

I know that our model number is A854
my kernal version is 2.6.29-omap1
build number is _MILER_X1_01.22.0

I did root it using the link yourbeliefs posted in a different thread.

Any other info that would be helpful to you guys in answering my question, just let me know.
I have some other guys with cell south milestones looking into this too.

My main thing is I want to overclock it. I tried Milestone Overclock from the marketplace, but the Model (A854 is not supported). I emailed the developer on that issue.

Thanks

I really don't know the answer; didn't realize the bootloader was locked on your phone; but I guess it makes sense, given that they locked it on the Canuck "Milestones."

I would post a query on droidforums.net and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Another option would be to initially download setcpu and see what the max is for your kernel. I am sure it is 650, but it would not hurt to check.

Totally unknown territory for me... but I don't think you would brick it; you might need to do a recovery to stock, but that would be all that would happen.

I am not sure if it is locked or not.

I did download setCPU, and that is correct.
So how would I do a recovery to stock. I assume I would need to backup somehow first?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)