froyo for droid leaked

You only have to do those steps the first time to get rooted. outdated, I don't know, as once you get root, you just use rom manager and clockworkrecovery.

Guessing you want to root before the OTA of Froyo hits?

Yes. So do I follow all those steps and then pick an OS?

Ok. I rooted with that app. What is the best kernal/Custom OS to use?

Install Rom Manager, and then you can download it through the software. Splurge and get the premium version.

BTW, the OTA update (non-rooted Froyo) is in the wild. Downloadable from Droid-Life.com.

Loaded it up, works pretty good... though had to do a factory reset to get Marketplace to launch :( The USB tethering IS there but requires the $15 a/mos when you connect.

-Mike

When I tried to install a ROM I got an error. It showed a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle hovering over a phone. Any ideas?

When I tried to install a ROM I got an error. It showed a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle hovering over a phone. Any ideas?

Reflash Clockworkmod from rom manager, and see if that helps. Check out the threads at droidworld too; they should be able to help.

ALSO - maybe do a wipe/delete again.

Reflash Clockworkmod from rom manager, and see if that helps. Check out the threads at droidworld too; they should be able to help.

ALSO - maybe do a wipe/delete again.

That worked. I have Pete's Buggless 0.4 now.

I have to redo my home screen though. :(

It reinstalled all my apps to the same version I had which I am happy about, because the new Google Voice took away the ability to use it as a Friends & Family number.

That worked. I have Pete's Buggless 0.4 now.

I have to redo my home screen though. :(

It reinstalled all my apps to the same version I had which I am happy about, because the new Google Voice took away the ability to use it as a Friends & Family number.

Wow, and I was just guessing. ;)

Actually I have seen similar things enough in the droid forums that I figured it would work; I was just about to suggest you just reboot into recovery and clear the cache again, but you are now bugless. :D

Welcome to the family of rooted love.

Get used to re-doing your home screen; everytime you change a rom, you'll be re-doing your screen.

Wow, and I was just guessing. ;)

Actually I have seen similar things enough in the droid forums that I figured it would work; I was just about to suggest you just reboot into recovery and clear the cache again, but you are now bugless. :D

Welcome to the family of rooted love.

Get used to re-doing your home screen; everytime you change a rom, you'll be re-doing your screen.

I just noticed it has 5 Home screens. Nice.

Anyone have Sling that is having problems after going to Pete's Bugless? It says it can't connect to the Sling servers.

Nexus S - the next Google phone

Downgrade from iOS4.2 to iOS4.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts