Frustrated E* Subscriber

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I'm starting to run out of patience with E*. I did a price quote with D* and noticed that my monthly bill will not really be any higher if I make the switch (besides startup costs...)

I don't think I can leave my E* DVRs though...I like being able to watch my recordings from multiple rooms...My question is this:

Does D* have any plans to offer a box with a TV2 output? TYIA

Nice...Streaming between boxes sounds excellent!

I think after today's uplink report, there's going to be a lot of us E*'ers hanging out a bit more often on the other side of SatGuys...

I think after today's uplink report, there's going to be a lot of us E*'ers hanging out a bit more often on the other side of SatGuys...

Agreed....I'm giving E* until the end of April for Cleveland Locals and hopefully some more national HD

I wouldn't as you lose the ability to record something while watching another channel.
Not that I ever came across installing them and showing the customer how to record one show while watching another live on the dual dvr's.

ARGH TV2 out = rotten PQ. Give me a receiver at each TV.
It happens but its not majourly common, I ran into once every other month.

Well, this frustrated E* subscriber placed an order with the AAA discount. Set it for Thursday of next week, so if E* magically adds something significant (i.e. SciFi) I can always change my mind.

I WILL see the BSG premiere in HD!

Well, this frustrated E* subscriber placed an order with the AAA discount. Set it for Thursday of next week, so if E* magically adds something significant (i.e. SciFi) I can always change my mind.

Cool what kind of setup are you getting and what are your upfront costs?

We are rowing the same boat. But I could care less about BSG.

I know E* is not going to make any significant changes in the next week though. They lost me. I was trying to wait until summer, but when that last sat did not achieve orbit, I lost any hope.

I hope we both enjoy our new content.

What's the point of feeding a 2nd TV an SD picture? If I record something, I will watch it on my 50" plasma instead of a SD TV, why have HD if you are not watching in HD?

I know, the entire idea behind TV2 out seems rather regressive and exactly what we are trying to get away from IMHO

Today, I was at a client's house who just happened to have D* mpeg4 receivers. I spent a goodly amount of time scrolling through the channels viewed on a SONY LCD HD tv. I also channel surfed and viewed D* Mpeg4 HD on an Infocus HD front projector on a large screen in their theatre room. I found that I did not like the functionality of the equipment; changing channels was much slower than my 211 receiver and I found that, the HD picture quality was marginally better than E*s HD that I see on my 5 year old Mitsubishi HD monitor using component cables instead of HDMI. Many of the "hd channels" that D* has that E* doesn't are stretched upconverted SD that I probably wouldn't watch anyway. As I tried to keep an open mind and be objective in my observation, I think I will stay put and wait to see what happens in the future. My personal opinion is, I will not switch providers now because I don't see the huge difference in picture quality that many here claim in support of D* and, I could care less about many of the HD channels that D* has listed now that E* will have down the road anyway.

I hardly noticed any improvement in picture quality to be honest if any - but to me images over HDMI and component are almost identical too .. (as they were on Dish) If you were only considering the switch because of PQ - it would probably not be worth it - especially if you would not be interested in the HD that they have that Dish does not have yet.

If Dish has everything you need ... you are probably right to stick with what you have right now.

One week in for me and so far it was worth the switch for the on-demand alone.

:)

What's the point of feeding a 2nd TV an SD picture? If I record something, I will watch it on my 50" plasma instead of a SD TV, why have HD if you are not watching in HD?

I like to watch/finish shows I've recorded in my bedroom and I dont want/cant afford a hd set in my room...

Not everyone has or wants to have an hd tv in every room of the house. The fact that all of directs dual tuners only feed to one tv is a significant short coming for them.

I know, the entire idea behind TV2 out seems rather regressive and exactly what we are trying to get away from IMHO
Wh's trying to get away from it, a niche group of customers or the companies? From the time I heard about dish working on a quad tuner years ago I supported the idea because it makes sense but they have to work out a way to get hd to the hd sets and a way to keep the box small enough to house the boards and drives.

I hardly noticed any improvement in picture quality to be honest if any - but to me images over HDMI and component are almost identical too .. (as they were on Dish) If you were only considering the switch because of PQ - it would probably not be worth it - especially if you would not be interested in the HD that they have that Dish does not have yet.

If Dish has everything you need ... you are probably right to stick with what you have right now.

One week in for me and so far it was worth the switch for the on-demand alone.

:)
Agread, theres no significant diference between newly installed systems from either provders that I ever saw. The only thing that honestly kept me from going back to E was the additional fee's for an hd dvr dualy and being penalized for not having all the programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts