Frustrated with no ESPN - 119! Need help!

vanflip

Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
Oregon
Just setup dish 500 DPP with 301 reciever (only using one cable from sat). Dish is aligned. I get local channels; basically everything on 110, but apparently nothing off 119.

6-1-3 shows 110 with a green box under it. Does not say 119 in the second field. It says Conn with a red box under it with white x.

6-1-1 says I am locked on 110, I show signal above 50 on 119, but nothing on 119 transponder 4 (I understand this is where espn is?).

Going to be in a field tailgating saturday. Can anyone help me figure out if this is equipment, user error, dish alignment, etc?!

Really appreciate the help! Let me know if there is more information I can give you.

Sounds like the 119 lnb is picking up 110, if I read your post correctly. Nudge the dish down and to the right a little.

GL, Eric

i can try that. when aiming the dish, should i have the dish point screen set on 119 transponder 4?

I have never pointed a dish, so take this with a grain of salt. But, many times i have seen this referenced on here, the covering of one of the LNBs with aluminum foil when pointing the dish.

Left side is picking up 110 and right side is picking up 119.

So I would cover the right side, and find 110.

Hi all,

Sorry - but I have still been unsuccesful. Does anyone know what it means when the second column in the status (6-1-3) screen says Conn?

I am still unable to connect to 119 transponder 4. I am hoping this is because I am just challenged in aiming the dish, but am concerned that this may be equipment related. Thoughts?

It means you are not seeing the 119 satellite. Just the 110. Unplug the coax from the receiver and run a check switch. This will clear the matrix out on the receiver, then check that you have the correct skew and elevation set on the Dish. Then get a compass and adjust the azimuth very slowly until you get signal. 1/16 of an inch is all it takes to lose or get signal.

Each time you move the dish you need to wait to let the receiver process any signal it might be getting. Once you have signal on 119 lock the dish down and run a check switch again and 110 should show up if you have the dish correctly aligned.

You stated above that the receiver showed locked on 110 and that you had a signal on 119 of 50. If the check switch screen shows conn and an x then you don't have any signal on 119. The signal bar has to turn yellow or green and say locked on 119 when you are checking the signal for 119. You were only locked on 110.

OSU - Thanks! Just to be sure I do it right... Do I have the point dish screen on sat 119, transponder 4 when I aim the dish again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts