Frustrated with Orby

I don't recall seeing that the Ethernet port is active.

Remember that Orby is beholden to people who demand DRM.

If I remember correctly, someone was able to figure out that the network port is active. It's a linux based box, but I don't believe he was able to do much with it. With DRM in place, I highly doubt you can transfer anything like you said.

The 2nd diplexer is built into the Orby receiver - just need one at the dish/OTA antenna
I am a current Orby customer with an Orby receiver (no DVR). We want to add a second TV in another room, using the same Orby receiver. We added a splitter, and had local channels on the second tv. The problem is that we now DO NOT have satellite on either TV. Is there a specific splitter that is required? Thank you!

I am a current Orby customer with an Orby receiver (no DVR). We want to add a second TV in another room, using the same Orby receiver. We added a splitter, and had local channels on the second tv. The problem is that we now DO NOT have satellite on either TV. Is there a specific splitter that is required? Thank you!

Yes! Use a splitter that passes power on all ports and is rated from 5-2500Mhz.

Can you clarify your post? Is there a second Orby receiver on the second tv set, or not?

If SO, then what the posters above posted is correct.

If NOT (you only have a single receiver), then you need a HDMI splitter, to just split the video signal from the single receiver. In that case, everything tuned in on the one tv set through the single Orby receiver, will be mirrored on the second tv set.

Last edited: