FSC HD available on Dish Network february 10th

"Introducing NFL RedZone on channel 155 - the channel that will change your Sundays forever. Subscribe to Multi-Sports and receive NFL RedZone, NBA TV, NHL Network and 29 local sports networks."

"Introducing NFL RedZone on channel 155 - the channel that will change your Sundays forever. Subscribe to Multi-Sports and receive NFL RedZone, NBA TV, NHL Network and 29 local sports networks."

Well,if they ad FSC+ to this package,looks like i will pay $ 6 just for NFL RZ and FSC+,since i already have the rest of these channels..But 6 bucks for FSC+ is still cheaper than $ 15 for setanta now...

This is great news! I'm a big soccer fan in the NFL's off season. The months of March, April and May I do watch alot of FSC.

I did happen to turn on to watch a little Sunday morning and saw the FSC HD on their logo. I was like WHAT?! They finally came out with a HD version? Am I gonna be tortured for years until Dish adds it? And now it may only be a matter of weeks!? Cool!

I also have refused to pay for the sports pack really just for redzone. But if they add this FSC+, that would definitely push me over the edge to subscribe. No doubt!!

If Charlie puts FSC+ in the sports pack, I would be sorely tempted to get it!

Otherwise, no way.

That is the only way I would get it. I didn't pay $15 for Setanta, and I won't for FSC+. Sadly I am sure that will leave me with only the dreg games to watch on FSCHD.

No one who knows is saying anything...

... but this seems to be a solid clue that Dish will add all their new HD channels on February 10th.

I could care less about soccer, but I was thinking the same thing.... The first jacked up bills start hitting mailboxes of their high end customers with 3+ multiple receivers active and I would think they would want something to hold the churn numbers down.

Using the calculator, my bill is going up $19 a month ($25 when the 6 month "loyalty fee" expires). In addition, Verizon's 2 year discounted rate for my Phone and internet expires next month. Restarting the discounted rate clock with their $89.95 Phone/internet/TV deal for a year is looking tempting now. I've been an E* subscriber since the Clinton Administration, but I'm seriously considering switching.

I did not know Dish carried a Fox Soccer Channel. Does it carry any auto racing? Bicycle racing? Hockey games?

I did not know Dish carried a Fox Soccer Channel. Does it carry any auto racing? Bicycle racing? Hockey games?

Dish has available most of what's out there - the chief exception being the NFL Sunday Ticket, which is exclusive with Direct TV. Check out the web site.

Back when it was called Fox Sports World it was primarily soccer but also showed some auto racing / Australian football / rugby. Now it pretty much only shows what the name of the channel implies.

BTW, FSC+ in the sports package is a good fit. Adding FSC+ to the NFL Red Zone / NCAA football and basketball plus a bit of MLB / NHL / NBA makes this package a "must have" for sports fans at $5.99.

Re: "...must have..."

Back when it was called Fox Sports World it was primarily soccer but also showed some auto racing / Australian football / rugby. Now it pretty much only shows what the name of the channel implies.

BTW, FSC+ in the sports package is a good fit. Adding FSC+ to the NFL Red Zone / NCAA football and basketball plus a bit of MLB / NHL / NBA makes this package a "must have" for sports fans at $5.99.

I can't imagine that with the economy struggling these days, a stand-alone soccer channel @ $180/yr. could make sense (Setanta). Even the geniuses of Dish should be able to understand that!

That a shame. Nobody carries A1GP in the states, except Santana Sports at $16/month. $16 x 12= $192 a year. Think I will skip A1GP and buy a couple of Canadian F1 tickets instead.

I can't imagine that with the economy struggling these days, a stand-alone soccer channel @ $180/yr. could make sense (Setanta). Even the geniuses of Dish should be able to understand that!

They need to decide which market they want to capture. Setanta was priced for the an ultra niche crowd who would pay just about anything to see the matches. If you put the channel in a lower tier for less money then you are aiming for the more casual fan. Whether or not you'll attract enough of them to make up the difference in cost per sub is the question.

Let see:

$350/yr Celtic Supporters Club Membership
$575/yr Annual CSC Convention
$3500 airfare + tix/ year for matches in Glasgow
$500 on merchandise

$14.99/month for Setanta wasn't all that much when you consider my other outlays although I'm sure I am the exception to the rule

Setanta UK died because they tried to compete with Sky without having the backing of a Murdoch. Setanta USA dies because their contract to show matches was lost when Setanta UK died.

Their PPV wing is still alive but under a different name now.

Setanta USA dies because their contract to show matches was lost when Setanta UK died.
Actually that is not true.

There is no connection between UK contracts and USA contracts.

USA rights to show Premiership and Champions League soccer are owned by Fox, and Setanta has always sub-licensed the rights from them.

Setanta USA simply did not make enough revenue to pay their bills.

PS Just out of curiosity, would you prefer to see Strachan succeed or fail (in his new position) ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts