FSC HD available on Dish Network february 10th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And it looks like the first live HD match, according the guide anyway, will be Aston Villa v. Manchester United. That's the 12pm kickoff listed as their match on 10 February on FSC. Here's hoping that they flip the switch on FSC HD before kickoff. Would be nice to finally get to see the majority of matches in HD.

Actually that is not true.

There is no connection between UK contracts and USA contracts.

USA rights to show Premiership and Champions League soccer are owned by Fox, and Setanta has always sub-licensed the rights from them.

Setanta USA simply did not make enough revenue to pay their bills.

PS Just out of curiosity, would you prefer to see Strachan succeed or fail (in his new position) ?

I was under the impression that Setanta USA had the rights to the Setanta UK exclusive matches, Saturday early ko, Monday matches and FA Cup first choice. Setanta USA then got the matches licensed to them that FSC wasn't showing live. When Setanta UK went under ESPN UK got the Sat Early and Monday package which then went to ESPN2 here. The FA cup went back to Sky. I could be wrong though.

I was not a fan of Gordon while he was at Celtic but he was able to put together some results unlike Mowbry who seems to be gifting the treble to the worst Rangers team in my memory.

I do wish Strachan and the 7 players he bought from Celtic in Jan all the luck in the world. 'Boro is going to need it ;)

And it looks like the first live HD match, according the guide anyway, will be Aston Villa v. Manchester United. That's the 12pm kickoff listed as their match on 10 February on FSC. Here's hoping that they flip the switch on FSC HD before kickoff. Would be nice to finally get to see the majority of matches in HD.

Who knows, perhaps FSC-HD (and others) will be made available tomorrow (or Monday). There's really no way to tell.

I was under the impression that Setanta USA had the rights to the Setanta UK exclusive matches, Saturday early ko, Monday matches and FA Cup first choice. Setanta USA then got the matches licensed to them that FSC wasn't showing live. When Setanta UK went under ESPN UK got the Sat Early and Monday package which then went to ESPN2 here. The FA cup went back to Sky. I could be wrong though.

The US rights have been owned by Fox Sports since before Setanta UK started.

Setanta USA would buy the rights to the same matches shown by Setanta UK, because then they would not have to buy the feed from another company.

Since Setanta UK went under, Setanta USA has used feeds from Setanta Ireland whenever possible, especially for pre-match and post-match shows.

In the case of ESPN, ESPN UK purchased the Sat Late and Monday matches. In the USA, ESPN bought the Sat early match because it is does not conflict with US sports that they show later on Saturday.

Does anybody know if the Fox soccer plus will be carried by DISH ?

a2736,

Fox Sports likely had some sort of clause to encourage providers to carry both the Prime FSC HD as well as the "+" version.

Since FOX Networks is not launching FSC+ for about 2 months we shall see, although since Dish just added FSC HD with a new contract seems likely FOX Networks pushed Dish to sign an agreement for FSC+ HD as well. With that said FSC+ is likely to be an add on Ala-carte service. It would be seem likely it might be in the Sports package with NHL Network, NFL Redzone etc...

John

a2736,

Fox Sports likely had some sort of clause to encourage providers to carry both the Prime FSC HD as well as the "+" version.

Since FOX Networks is not launching FSC+ for about 2 months we shall see, although since Dish just added FSC HD with a new contract seems likely FOX Networks pushed Dish to sign an agreement for FSC+ HD as well. With that said FSC+ is likely to be an add on Ala-carte service. It would be seem likely it might be in the Sports package with NHL Network, NFL Redzone etc...

John

Actually, FSC+ launches on March 1, very soon, so we shall see......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts