FSMW blacked out last night for first time during Blues game, NHL-CI customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
I thought I would post this to see why this would happen. I live in the Chicago area, and subscribe to NHL-CI. Normally I record all the St. Louis Blues games on 671 instead of the NHL-CI channel because I don't feel like looking up which feed is the STL feed, and it is easier to do it my way for extending the recording to record the post game show. For some reason when I got home at 8:30 last night, I started playback of the Blues-Redwings game last night and my recording was blacked out. So I immediately switch over to the NHL-CI channels and had to watch the game live there.
Do they normally blackout the FSMW feeds and prefer you to watch it on the NHL-CI channels? I don't remember this happening in the past to me, but I could be wrong. I figured they wouldn't black it out since they detect you have the CI package. Please let me know your thoughts.

One thing I should mention, I forgot to make a payment on my account (I thought the wife made it already) and they shut off all of my service this past Monday, and I paid and they turned it back on shortly after it was turned off. Would that of affected anything when they turned it back on. I spoke to a rep on the phone to get it turned back on.

Thanks for your help!

sounds like a glitch. I know when the freeview was I recorded games via the RSN channels instead of the NHL CI ones (mainly due ot the 6 hour window on the NHL CI ones)

If you were cut off for non pay sometimes it can take 24 hours or so for it to authorize everything properly. Log onto your account and do a re-authorization for each receiver (you can do that online). That usually fixes any glitches like that

Thanks. I will have to test it tonight and see what happens. I couldn't find the reset on dtv site. How to locate that page?

click on "my equipment"...it will show all the receivers on the account
click on "reauthorize online"

select the receiver you want to reauth (if you have more than one I'd reauth all of them) and hit continue.

Just a guess but i live in Kansas city. I watch the cards and blues, i have to pay MLB to watch the cards because KC has a team(I think it call a team).Now KC does not have a pro hockey team so i can watch the blues on 671. The game you were talking about had some black put for about 10 seconds that was all.

If St. Louis is on the road, it's the first feed (lower channel #). If they're home, it's the second feed.

Rick

Normally I record all the St. Louis Blues games on 671 instead of the NHL-CI channel because I don't feel like looking up which feed is the STL feed

Well it happen again last night against Florida, and the CI channels were not displaying either (721 message), so I called them and they said when they reactivated the service on Monday, the rep forgot to put CI and NFL ST back on my acct, so that is why I wasn't able to see anything. Once they reactivated everything, I was able to watch on 671.

Thanks for the tip about which CI channel to choose. I didn't realize that the road team was the first channel!

Well it happen again last night against Florida, and the CI channels were not displaying either (721 message), so I called them and they said when they reactivated the service on Monday, the rep forgot to put CI and NFL ST back on my acct, so that is why I wasn't able to see anything. Once they reactivated everything, I was able to watch on 671.
whoops....that sucks. But glad they got it figured out

Thanks for the tip about which CI channel to choose. I didn't realize that the road team was the first channel!
yeah the road team is 1st if there are 2 feeds listed. If the Blues play a Canadian team it is usually the only feed listed

The only drawback of the NHL CI channels is the 6 hour window. I wish they would cut that down to say 3 1/2 hours (which is still more than needed but its a nice number....3 hours with postgame may not be enough time)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)