Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hi guys.
Seeing I just got my HR20-700 last week, I have been patiently waiting for tommorow to come, Why you ask ?
Tommorow will be the first chance I will have to watch the Tigers in HD on FSN ...
Therefore my question is : What channel should I find it on ? 96, 97, 98 .... and will it show up in the guide tommorow before hand ?

This is the first chance i have to see if my MPEG4 is set up and working properly, I can't think of any other way to find out, other than watching .

Curiously, 96 does not show up at all, 97 and 98 do however

Jimbo

I still have the 10-250 but get the tigs in hd on 95 in Lamberville

P.S I wasn't stalking you Jimbo but I took my wife on a tour of the north side of Syl to show her how large a AT9 would be. Did no see anything wandering around after dinner @ J&G's so I told her it was a Dish 100+ we saw.

Am I about right that it is the same as the 100+?

I'm wondering the same thing. Had my install tonight and channel 96 is not in the guide. When does it show up?

According to thier website, the game should be on at 7 pm

Detroit Tigers on FSN HD (on Bright House Networks & DIRECTV)

Tue. Sept. 26 vs. Toronto, 7:00 PM
Fri. Sept.29 vs.Kansas City, 7:00 PM

I will check and see what the situation is when I get home from work tonight.

I am going to be highly disappointed if I cannot get this, and the Red Wings as well.
I currently receive FSN - D on 636 so I think I should be good to go.

Jimbo

Assuming you are in the Detroit DMA and get the Detroit HD locals then FSD-HD will be available on 96 or 97. If a game is on 95 then it's MPEG2. 95 has been doing this for a couple years now as the "special events" channel. So think of 95 as a "best of" HD sports available.

bonscott87 said:
Assuming you are in the Detroit DMA and get the Detroit HD locals then FSD-HD will be available on 96 or 97. If a game is on 95 then it's MPEG2. 95 has been doing this for a couple years now as the "special events" channel. So think of 95 as a "best of" HD sports available.
I am not EXACTLY in the Detroit DMA , actually I have not seen a map to desinate this DMA.
However, when I spoke with D* awile back they assured me that IF I can get the FSN Detroit signal, 636, I will get the HD as well .....
Now I will probably find out that , that is incorrect seeing that was a large reason I decided to get the new stuff, strictly for the FSN HD.

Q. It is now 5:30 pm, game time is 7 pm.
Does the Tigers game show up on your guide yet ? If so what channel.
97 and 98 show up on my guide but no 96 so far....

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbos said:
I am not EXACTLY in the Detroit DMA , actually I have not seen a map to desinate this DMA. Jimbo

Last map I had for Detroit DMA and surrounding DMAs. Man! That Lansing DMA seems like a huge waste; Clinton, Jackson, Hillsdale, etc counties. Those are the kind that just screw the viewers IMHO. They should just merge with any of the 4 that surround them; notably the Detroit DMA.

Attachments

• DMA.jpg
    DMA.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
THere are parts outside the DMA that are in the spotbeam. The zip code directory lists some as HD available for FSN.

My zip does not, the one next to mine does.

And you'll only get FSD in HD if you get the Detroit locals in HD. That's they way they are doing it. I'm in the Grand Rapids/Kzoo market to the west and our HD locals aren't up yet so no FSD in HD yet.

Only exception is if a game is on channel 95 which is not an MPEG4 channel and thus if you get FSD on 636 then yes, you'll get be able to tune to the HD game on 95. Not so with the MPEG4 channels....yet.

bonscott87 said:
And you'll only get FSD in HD if you get the Detroit locals in HD. That's they way they are doing it. I'm in the Grand Rapids/Kzoo market to the west and our HD locals aren't up yet so no FSD in HD yet.

Only exception is if a game is on channel 95 which is not an MPEG4 channel and thus if you get FSD on 636 then yes, you'll get be able to tune to the HD game on 95. Not so with the MPEG4 channels....yet.
I was counting on the spill over, I am 50 ft from the Monroe County line, figured that would be close enough, they can't block the signal at the state line ...

Ok guy's it's 7 pm, IS the game on , on 96, 97 tonight, D* told me that it was not on in HD tonight.

Jimbo

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

MLB Toronto Blue Jays vs. Detroit Tigers (Regional) 7:00 PM FSN D (720p)

BUT they can cut you off by zip code and you zip does not show to be in the HD data base. There would be (HD Available) next to the teams/channels you can get in HD. See example attachments.

Attachments

• DMA2.jpg
    DMA2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 99
  • DMA.jpg
    DMA.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Jimbos, here is the answer:

Check your zip on this DTV link:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

If the link don't work, go to programming, hd sports, the first 'click here' listed end of second paragraph. Compare your zip to another, like 48843.

See the HD Available, that is your problem. You're probally within view of the spotbeam, but if the HD Available is not next to your RSN/Team, then the channel 96 will not show in the guide.

You could explore 'moving' to an alternate address, but I'm not sure how strict they will be with a brand new install/customer.

My problem was related to my zip code being mistyped by the non-english speaking CSR that took my order. All is well now!

Good luck!

If you are in Lenawee County, MI or Lucas County, OH you will need to find a service address inside the "region" that the DB allows HD access.

I have the game on 636 but it is not on 95 in HD like it sometimes is.
Remember I do not have the AT9 and HR20 yet. I sometimes get the game in HD but right now 95 says Yankees/Baltimore (not available)

I have never got 96 97 Is that MPeg4?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)