FSN Detroit ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It was on 96 tonight. Wednesday & Thursday are SD only. Friday will be HD and Sunday will be HD.

After that - Red Wings LIGHT IT UP!

Interestingly enough, the FSN calander shows an away Wings game in HD. I wonder if it is a mistake? All home games are showing HD.

FSN Detroit October Calander is attached, looks good!

Attachments

• Oct FSND.pdf
    152.4 KB · Views: 89
masterdeals said:
It was on 96 tonight. Wednesday & Thursday are SD only. Friday will be HD and Sunday will be HD.

After that - Red Wings LIGHT IT UP!

Interestingly enough, the FSN calander shows an away Wings game in HD. I wonder if it is a mistake? All home games are showing HD.

FSN Detroit October Calander is attached, looks good!
I was just looking at that schedule on the FSN D site, looks like about 35 Wings games will be in HD this year, also it looks like a good mix of home and away ...

It's a shame that I purposly bought this HR20-700 so I could watch these games in HD this year. Only available in Mpeg 4.

Disappointed,
Jimbo

Well, theres 10+ games on Versus and NBC that will all be HD too.

Take a look at your signal strengths on the couple transponders on sat 103 to see if you have enough. That will give you an idea if you are in the beam.

I have signals on transponder 4 & 6 for sat 103 and get all the HD Detroit spotbeam channels. That should let you verify you are in the beam. Then just deal with the address/zip issue.

masterdeals said:
Well, theres 10+ games on Versus and NBC that will all be HD too.

Take a look at your signal strengths on the couple transponders on sat 103 to see if you have enough. That will give you an idea if you are in the beam.

I have signals on transponder 4 & 6 for sat 103 and get all the HD Detroit spotbeam channels. That should let you verify you are in the beam. Then just deal with the address/zip issue.
Transponder 4 is 96 and 6 is 97....

What does that do for me ?

I think I will look for a phone number for Fox Sports Detroit, but I don't yet know who I would need to talk to....
It's pretty sad, but if I decided to go to cablesystem (which I hate) they give you FSN D and Ohio, in HD

Jimbo

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Last map I had for Detroit DMA and surrounding DMAs. Man! That Lansing DMA seems like a huge waste; Clinton, Jackson, Hillsdale, etc counties. Those are the kind that just screw the viewers IMHO. They should just merge with any of the 4 that surround them; notably the Detroit DMA.
Charper,
Did you also have the RSN map for Ohio somewhere ?

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Transponder 4 is 96 and 6 is 97....

What does that do for me ?

I think I will look for a phone number for Fox Sports Detroit, but I don't yet know who I would need to talk to....
It's pretty sad, but if I decided to go to cablesystem (which I hate) they give you FSN D and Ohio, in HD

Jimbo

Ah yes, this is what I need. I get my dish upgrade next week and I am hoping that the beam gets far enough west out to Kzoo. If so then I can "move" back to my Burger King in the Detroit metro and get Detroit locals again with FSN-HD. I haven't "lived" there since we got our SD locals a few years ago. ;)

In my calls D* was much more questioning on service address issues. Probally since everything is leased. I ended up conviencing a CSR my zip was entered wrong by the non_english speaking CSR during ordering.

Told them I had the wrong locals and I didn't even know where those locals were from. Probally ok since I called day after the install.

Kentstater72 said:
Jimbos
I am a little confused.
Do you get Detroit locals in HD or are you getting Toledo SD on your HR20?
I do not get ANY locals over the sat. I pick up everything with my OTA antenna.
btw, I get all the Toledo locals in HD and the same with Detroit locals in HD all I need to do is turn the rotor a bit...
I refuse to pay for something I can get more of and for FREE with the set up I have.
Although I would like to come across a tower at a reasonable price some time ...perferably not rusted ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts