FSN Florida 634-1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pioneercrazed

Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to D* only having it for a few weeks. I have the Choice plus HD DVR package with an HR20 receiver.

Everything has been working great and HD channels looks amazing. My only problem is with FSN FL 634-1 not showing the games it says it should be in the guide. For example right now is supposed to be baseball rays vs jays but there is just a black screen there. The game is showing the the SD channel 634.

If any of you get 634-1 would you mind checking it out and seeing if the game is coming in for you?

Thanks

I am only getting the SD game as well. 634-1 just has a blank screen. According to the Ray's schedule as well, the game is supposed to be broadcast in HD.

Is this your local RSN or are you watching it via Extra Innings? Not all local HD broadcast are shown on Extra Innings. Perhaps the HD game is only being broadcast in the Tampa area.

Thanks for the response, it's my local RSN.

Now 634 is gone as well, it went blank in like the 2nd inning.

EDIT: Well I just called D*, they have no idea what the issue is. I reset the box and the SD came back in at least. Very weird issue.

Same here. I am watching via Extra Innings. It could be a problem on FSN's side or on Direct's side. Perhaps call them to at least inform them, if not, get an answer as to what is going on.

ETA: It is back for me now...

Am having the same issue, problem also occurred last night when the braves-marlins game was scheduled, reset twice but still only receiving the SD channel

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to D* only having it for a few weeks. I have the Choice plus HD DVR package with an HR20 receiver.

Everything has been working great and HD channels looks amazing. My only problem is with FSN FL 634-1 not showing the games it says it should be in the guide. For example right now is supposed to be baseball rays vs jays but there is just a black screen there. The game is showing the the SD channel 634.

If any of you get 634-1 would you mind checking it out and seeing if the game is coming in for you?

Thanks

I am only getting the SD game as well. 634-1 just has a blank screen. According to the Ray's schedule as well, the game is supposed to be broadcast in HD.

Is this your local RSN or are you watching it via Extra Innings? Not all local HD broadcast are shown on Extra Innings. Perhaps the HD game is only being broadcast in the Tampa area.

I would think this may be a local RSN issue, check the local FSN website and see if it is really going out in HD on the schedule provided by the RSN.

The .1 channel will be black or blacked out if a HD signal is not available.

Jimbo

Alright, well tonight should be the final test... Everything I've looked at points that D* should be using 634-1 tonight for the Red Sox @ Rays at 7pm. From TVguide to fsn's website, it all looks good.

This seems to be the best site for the showings.

See it in HDTV!!!

Crossing fingers...

Alright, well tonight should be the final test... Everything I've looked at points that D* should be using 634-1 tonight for the Red Sox @ Rays at 7pm. From TVguide to fsn's website, it all looks good.

This seems to be the best site for the showings.

See it in HDTV!!!

Crossing fingers...

except directv's website isn't listing a rays-red sox hd feed from tampa, just boston.

That game on the 24th was removed from FSN Florida's local Rays HD schedule earlier this week - truck issue - the notice went to the Rays but perhaps they did not change it on their website.

my bad.....although, the audio on fsn florida was horrible. it faded in and out. i finally quit watching!

I am glad to see I am not the only one who has had these problems. I had the same problem with the HD feed last week with the Braves/Marlins game. Last night, I ordered the WWE Backlash HD ppv, and I had to reset my box to be able to see it.

Thanks for the response, it's my local RSN.

Now 634 is gone as well, it went blank in like the 2nd inning.

EDIT: Well I just called D*, they have no idea what the issue is. I reset the box and the SD came back in at least. Very weird issue.

next time you have a problem, suggest you fire off an email to fox sports florida. had problems during the first month of the season with lightning games. evidently, there was a miscommunication problem between fox and directv. but the problem was eventually corrected.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)