FSN Midwest not in HD

reseman5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Anyone else not getting the Cards/Pirates game in HD on 418? The FSN Midwest site lists the entire series in HD.

Welcome to HD RSN's from Dish Network! Where Dish has decided not to dedicate enough TP space to broadcast all of the HD games available on HD RSNs!!

Sorry for the sarcasm but this issue ticks me off. Dish has plenty of TP space to show every single HD RSN game but they have made a decision not to dedicate enough of their TP space so some games are shown only in SD.

That's a load of crap! I was lead to believe that if the game was available in HD then it would be on (Fox Sport Midwest HD), but if the program was just SD then it wouldn't be on (talking the TurboHD packages that is).

I knew this was going to be a huge issue because of the large number of HD games in the 2009 MLB season...

I didn't really notice this last year. They showed almost all of the HD games for STL last season.

FYI, tomorrow night's game won't be in HD on Dish.:(

Just joined this forum to get answers to this same issue. What is the deal with this? Are any cards games going to be on in HD, how will we know? According to Dan and Al its on in HD right now, but its not! I just upgraded my packaged to Turbo HD Silver just to get FSN for the games. There better be some games on in HD.

Just joined this forum to get answers to this same issue. What is the deal with this? Are any cards games going to be on in HD, how will we know? According to Dan and Al its on in HD right now, but its not! I just upgraded my packaged to Turbo HD Silver just to get FSN for the games. There better be some games on in HD.

There will be games in HD but the problem is some of them produced in HD will only be shown in SD on dish. And here's the kicker, you won't know which ones will be in SD until the day of the game. Finally, if you call Dish and complain that the game is not being shown in HD they will have no clue what you're talking about and will not be able to help you.

There will be games in HD but the problem is some of them produced in HD will only be shown in SD on dish. And here's the kicker, you won't know which ones will be in SD until the day of the game. Finally, if you call Dish and complain that the game is not being shown in HD they will have no clue what you're talking about and will not be able to help you.

Just come to your senses and become a Cub fan, where we rarely have this problem with Comcast and WGN HD on Dish.

I would rather listen to the Cards on AM radio then ever watch Chokago cubs. I did hear Dan Mclaughlin say the other night that 100 games would be in HD. I would assume that means the local ones aren't? Not sure on that as I live in cub country and don't get the ksdk ones.

TOTAL CRAP on Dish's side. This is enough to take my $135/month business to Uverse or Direct. F&*K Yo^ Dish. Just another example of your cheap ass behavior.

Anyone else not getting the Cards/Pirates game in HD on 418? The FSN Midwest site lists the entire series in HD.

This really makes me mad, especially since they've added transponder space this year but now seem to be showing fewer games in HD. Last year, this was not a problem, when FSNMW reported it would be in HD, it was. Why is it different this year? Are they giving priority to larger markets for the HD-RSN space?

Heck, even Charter customers got the game in HD, not to mention D* and U-Verse.

I could be making this up, but I thought I heard late last year that RSNs were going 24/7 HD this year, even if all content (every game, etc.) was not going to be HD. Guess I either made that up, or... Nah, too easy.

This really makes me mad, especially since they've added transponder space this year but now seem to be showing fewer games in HD. Last year, this was not a problem, when FSNMW reported it would be in HD, it was. Why is it different this year? Are they giving priority to larger markets for the HD-RSN space?

Heck, even Charter customers got the game in HD, not to mention D* and U-Verse.

I could be making this up, but I thought I heard late last year that RSNs were going 24/7 HD this year, even if all content (every game, etc.) was not going to be HD. Guess I either made that up, or... Nah, too easy.

D* likes them some full-time HD RSNs. E* has a more limited appetite. Why? I have no earthly idea. It's not like they're filling the transponders with national HD programming.

Yes, E* does short change sports fans, but it is the Cards. I could get the game in Morse code and be happy as a clam. GO REDBIRDS.

I also like to watch the Cubs blow games. I caught the 10th inning last night. That was great. :D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts