FSN NEW ENGLAND IN HD on 96

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mazter17

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
boston
The Celtics are on ch.96 in hd. This is good news , even though they stink. The more hd the better!:up :D

It was on last night?. I thought I checked those channels and didn't see anything....but now I see them on the schedule.

Was the video stuttery like other mpeg 4 channels?

This must only be for the Boston DMA. I live in Maine and FSNE is our RSN and I checked the 90s channels last night and we didn't get the Celtics in HD (unfortunately). Hopefully, we'll start getting both this and NESN HD up here soon.

I wouldn't count on it until they launch new hd channels mid next year. It really is ridiculous though, Hartford and soon enough Providence will get no rsns in hd for quite a while.

I watched a few minutes here and there in between commercials of lost. Unlike nesn I did'nt notice a 8mm effect. I hope they fix those problems soon.

It was on last night?. I thought I checked those channels and didn't see anything....but now I see them on the schedule.

Was the video stuttery like other mpeg 4 channels?

It wasn't stuttery last night, but that's because I think FSNE HD is 720p not 1080i. I've only noticed the stuttering on the 1080 channels (CBS, NBC, NESN)

I have observed MPEG4 in two DMAs, DFW and PHX, and there was no audio sync or "video stuttering" on either; 720p or 1080i; both were H20's connected to FPTV via component.

The Celtics stink ? They are pretty young with a butt load of talent. Give it some time. Man, Boston fans are never patient with there teams. They finally get a GM that knows how to draft instead of trying to land that Free Agent that wants to spend there Winters in Boston.

Game is in 1080i.....and choppy like nesn, cbs, nbc:mad:

How long will this go on in boston?

Game is in 1080i.....and choppy like nesn, cbs, nbc:mad:

How long will this go on in boston?

What's interesting is, I swear it wasn't choppy the first night (although I didn't watch the whole thing) I definately noticed the choppiness last night. How do you know the game is in 1080i (without going by the choppiness)? I thought FSNE was 720p.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/1528357

Although this page seems out of date (no mention of Celtics in HD) it does say that FSN HD is in 720p. I do agree with you though, the game was choppy last night, although I think NESN HD is normally a little choppier.

What production format does FSN HD use?
FSN HD broadcasts games in the 720p format. The 720p format presents a picture with 720 vertical pixels and 1280 horizontal pixels. The 'p' stands for progressive scanning, which takes 60 sharp, complete pictures per second, producing spectacular moving images. In fact, because of its ability to render ultra-sharp pictures of subjects in fast motion, 720p provides excellent resolution for HD sports programming.

Well, the directv signal was coming in at 1080i, you just have to set your receiver to go to native resolutions for each channel to see. I suppose they can be scaling it.

Though I thought FSNE is not run by the company that the majority of FSNs are affiliated with. They don't list FSNE here:

"Most of Fox's regional sports networks are slated to produce local HD programs including FSN Arizona, FSN Bay Area, FSN Florida, FSN Midwest, FSN North, FSN Northwest, FSN Pittsburgh, FSN South, FSN Southwest, Sun Sports, FSN Utah, FSN West, and FSN West 2."

Last edited:
What is the status of FSN NE and home HD production for the Celtics? The notes on FSN NE, as odd as it sounds, it that they are 50/50 owned by Comcast & Cablevision, so this does beg odd questions on how they do business/production and what they might pass along outside of their regional cable systems. ANd the FSN HD site doesn't even list New England in the HD programming.

BUT the Celtics home game vs Detroit is in HD by FSN Detroit as opposed to the home channel FSN NE. Maybe FSN NE does not provide any of their own actual HD production, they may simulcast it. Therefore they are not going to be listed in any HD guide.

Last edited:
What producer do you show having the carriage rights? I don't see the game being produced in HD:

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nba.php

or via NBA.com

The Celts do not seem to have as much HD production as most. Maybe because of the "cable ownership" of FSN NE.

@ Boston
NAT : NBA LP
LOC : FSI (for Indy)

The Celtics game last night should have been in HD. All of their home games are in HD (My buddy has Adelphia and all of Celts home games are HD for him). Other than the first two games, D* has not carried FSNE in HD on Channel 96, like they should be.

The notes on FSN NE, as odd as it sounds, it that they are 50/50 owned by Comcast & Cablevision, so this does beg odd questions on how they do business/production and what they might pass along outside of their regional cable systems. ANd the FSN HD site doesn't even list New England in the HD programming

So I am sure there is very little that gets passed along, but whatever is allowed by the rights holder is surely shown to those in the correct zip codes.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)