FSTV still on 123w?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
I've been doing some tweaking on the Ku side of my 7.5' Unimesh and am getting great signals across the arc. From a C/N level I'm getting record levels in the 13-14 dbm ranges and even getting Reuters on 113w, which I am actually just outside the footprint for it. I'm seeing levels matching my old 1.2m

My "go to" test on my previous 1.2m dish was FSTV on 123w. It was consistently the weakest signal being broadcast. Lyngsat doesn't list it anymore but Sathint says it is 11856 V 1784 then again ftalistings shows it as 11848 V 1784. I get nothing on either. Is it still there?

With my 80cm it has been either very very weak, or more usually, not there at all, for a fairly long time. However, I was getting it last month for several days in a row, so was hopeful it meant they had increased power. However, it didn't last long and was gone again. I was getting it at 11860 V 1784 at the time (so the sathint listing is correct).

EDIT: Looks like the signal is still there, according to satsignature.com

Last edited:
FSTV is leaving from 123w Ku and being moved to 97w Cband DC2 ZK

Apparently the snow in Colorado is the primary reason to change the uplink from Ku to C

Last edited:
(A) They must have 'buckled to the bundlers' or
(B) The DCII encoder was super cheap as there's many on the 2nd hand market. Sell 'em before it's a totally abandoned 'mode' because then it's just trash.
IMHO, Think the days of DCII ore numbered.

Maybe they got a good price to be in this mux? There is still a lot of DCII used for distribution to cable TV headends, but point well taken. They are ZK (zero key), so it could be worse.

Yea, but if you don't have the old 4DTV receiver your SOL and they might as well be broadcasting with a 9volt battery and an antenna. I'd have a better chance of picking up the signal. o_O

I was watching during a pledge drive last year and they said that they PAY over $80,0000 per month to be carried by DirecTv and Dish, so I would say that anything to save money is a good idea. Having said that I would prefer that they stay on Ku, or at least Cband DVB/DVB-S2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.