sat finder tool

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sg9999

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
this sat finder seems to be the cheapest one that will ID the satellite and other stuff. I dont want a simple meter.
I have several of those. Is this one any good???
Sathero SH200
what other ones are a good deal????? If it could ID internet satellites that would be good too...

I have one that came straight from China and knew what I was ordering when I ordered it. I have been pleased with, what little I have used it. Just played with it in the house and one time with my Dish 500 conversion on a warm early winter day. So, can't give a long term use report.

I have read very good reviews on this model. If you want all the bells and whistles, go with the one some members here offer. The one I have doesn't do everything you see listed, but is still a very functional meter. It does not identify the satellite, but will list what is on the transponder you are tuning to, so that you can be sure you are on the right satellite. I don't think either version identifies the satellite.

It is very easy to create and load a custom satellite list into the meter. That way you can easily update it. Pretty easy to add one just using the meter.

If you want support, buy from approved sources. Some of them are members here and will probably speak up.

like what models do they offer??? I dont want a no name China product..

I don't currently have any for sale, but the SH200HD is the one to go for.
The first model SH200(nonHD), had issues with DVBS-2 signals.
The HD version does not have this issue.

Also just a FYI the Satheros meters do not just automatically identify a satellite.
You program them just like a receiver. You have to put in the Frequency, the polarity,and the symbol rate of known active transponders, on each bird you are after.
It will then lock on and let you know that you are there. Way better than a $10 meter that will swing the needle if you point the dish at a transformer on a power pole.

The Tracker Light for 170$ seems to be a good one.
Not cheap though.Cheap never pays.
Would that ID internet sats too???? Like Wild Blue....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)