Ft Lauderdale Locals OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
M

mfegley

Original poster
Is there anyone out there that is getting ABC or Fox OTA in the Fort Lauderdale area? Has anyone gotten a waiver for either one? I'm trying to determine if it is worth requesting a waiver. Other stations received just fine.

Mike

I live in Coral Springs. I applied for waivers and was denied FOX and ABC.
I did receive waivers for NBCE and CBSE. I also went out and bought the biggest antenna Radio Shack had. Every channel comes in fine, except ABC (10) which pixelates.

ollags

is your antenna indoor or outdoor

Thanks

ollags said:
I live in Coral Springs. I applied for waivers and was denied FOX and ABC.
I did receive waivers for NBCE and CBSE. I also went out and bought the biggest antenna Radio Shack had. Every channel comes in fine, except ABC (10) which pixelates.

Being you live in Coral Springs, I know your antenna is in your attic. Do you have it aimed right? I used to live in Boynton Beach and got ABC (10) and most Miami stations (except 4) good with a antenna, in my attic. Also check your connections, a bad connection will cause low signal levels. I have recently bad a bad 300 ohm to 75 ohm transformers causing a lot of my locals to give me low signal readings. Changing it out boosted them up to where they should be, and allows me to get 28 OTA digital channels, here in the Melbourne area.

Go to this site and you can put in your location and it will tell you what your compass settings are for the local antenna sites.
http://antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Yes, My antenna is in the roof (good old CS :( ). I recently had my AC serviced and I think the servicemen must have moved it. I must say, I get great reception of the HD locals.

lou_do, thanks for the info.

mfegley said:
Is there anyone out there that is getting ABC or Fox OTA in the Fort Lauderdale area? Has anyone gotten a waiver for either one? I'm trying to determine if it is worth requesting a waiver. Other stations received just fine.

Mike
Im in Pem Pines and I got a Terk Tv55 (I think that what its called) Its a long tube. But i have that in attic and i can pick up all the miami and west palm stations. Aiming is the KEY.. However, ive noticed during the rains this summer, small pixelation/stutters are happening with ABC but not sure if its them or what. I get both 7 and 29 FOXES (29 is better PQ).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)