FTA and 920 4DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JacksBack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
North America
Hello,

I have a FTA receiver connected to our big C-band dish, and we replaced the old two-wire, servo-based feed horn at the dish with a modern feedhorn that the receiver can drive (with a V3000 GBox in-between to move the dish).

We also have the old 920 4DTV receiver, which looks like it will be able to receive the "new" 4DTV on W5. I am so glad it will be with us for a while longer.

I tried pointing the dish to 105 degrees west using the FTA receiver (the FTA receiver moves the dish, not the 920.) Then I connected the 920 C-band input to the FEED THROUGH output of the FTA receiver. Setting the 920 to one of W5 channels (I think it was 216) I got a DC light and a Subscription Required screen. I haven't subscribed to anything yet, but it seems to be working.

The only thing I am not sure about is how to have the 920 receiver set the polarity for the new-style feed horn. There is an item in the Setup screen for the 920 that selects LNB type, and one of the options there is "C-Band LNBF." Does anybody know if this will let the 920 set the polarity?

Is connecting the 920 through the FTA receiver the right way to do this? Would some sort of splitter or switch be better?

Thanks.

JACK

I use my DSR 920 to do the dish moving and polarity changing since I use it more than my FTA receiver. I have both the C and Ku lead wires split and the FTA receiver is hooked to a DISeQC switch so that the FTA receiver can switch between C and Ku lead wires.

I need to do just the opposite - use the FTA receiver to move the dish and have the 920 be a slave to the FTA. We've only got the one coax coming in from the dish now.

For one thing, as I understand it, I'm going to have to lose the maps for all the satellites except for W5 / X4 in order to make the program guide on W5 work. I assume this would preclude using the 920 to move the dish.

JACK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts