fta and bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mapa

Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
new questions (1) my question really was can you use a small dish lnbf on a 8.5 ft. dish and if so is there any adapter for this purpose? (2) does anyone have imformation on a geosatpro gsl1 c/ku lnbf? (3) i have only one feed from my dish to my home = can you comdine the c band signal with the ku at the dish and then split again at the receiver with out to much signal loss. thanks again for all imformation.

Last edited:
Can I add a question to this?

I have a BUD with C and KU lnbs. The KU is just for 4dtv right now.

The FTA guys speak of Circular AND Linear LNBF's. Does this mean to access FTA Ku I'd need (gulp) 3 ku lnbs on my feedhorn?

no
The only LNB that needs circular are the DBS slots (Dish & Expressvu). You can use a linear LNB for the other 20+ KU satellites.

Only 2 LNB's are needed (unless you really wanted to get the audio on Dish or ExpressVu)

What Berg said!

Iceberg said:
no
The only LNB that needs circular are the DBS slots (Dish & Expressvu). You can use a linear LNB for the other 20+ KU satellites.

Only 2 LNB's are needed (unless you really wanted to get the audio on Dish or ExpressVu)

I have a 4dtv on BUD with co rotor II, Cband and .6 db ku band LNB's...get all the FTA I want just usung the KU normal LNB!
Luck
jeff

mapa said:
new questions (1) my question really was can you use a small dish lnbf on a 8.5 ft. dish and if so is there any adapter for this purpose? (2) does anyone have imformation on a geosatpro gsl1 c/ku lnbf? (3) i have only one feed from my dish to my home = can you comdine the c band signal with the ku at the dish and then split again at the receiver with out to much signal loss. thanks again for all imformation.

Yes you can and I have seen adapters but you can most likely make your own.

You can use 1 wire you would need a switch at the lnb. Most FTA receivers support the switches but the old C band receivers and 4dtv do not.
Just put your FTA receiver inline first and loop to your cband receiver. Use your FTA receiver to do the LNB switching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts