FTA and Directv Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Freekmastr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2006
Just moved and need some good TV. Found a good deal on Directv and the guy should be here Friday. My questio is that I already have my FTA system set up. Can I just motorize it to move between their satellite and G10R? I have a direcpc dish, basic LNB, and a technosat T1010 receiver - basic equipment but it gets the job done. I just dont feel like having to redo any cabling or anything to move between dish system and my FTA system. Any ideas? Basically, will they let me use my dish but their receiver? Is that even possible? I didnt ask the guy on the phone when I ordered bc I didn't want to sound incredibly stupid.

Its possible but not with a basic LNBF.

The Invacom QPH-031 LNBF would let you watch both linear and circular signals! (DirecTV and FTA)

Its your home as long as the DirecTV system is activated they will not have an issue (An easy install) If they INSIST let them put an 18" dish up, then take it down as soon as they leave!

If your installation is only a single LNBF for 101w reception, the motorized solution will work fine. If your DirecTV package includes signals from other DTV birds, there will be a problem using your program guide as information propagates from the 101w location.

Sweet

Thanks for the help. I just dont feel llike having two dishes in my already cramped yard. Granted the new dish network dishes are small, I dont want one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts