FTA and Olympics

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I just saw a mention of the olympics in a post and it got me excited. I love watching the olympics. Unfortunately, the networks broadcasting the olympics don't always show what I want to see. Judging by past olympics, what sort of olympic coverage could one experience with fta resources?

Thanks,
Steve

what sort of olympic coverage could one experience with fta resources?

Thanks,
Steve

Well one of the advantages would be finding the Olympics on a Channel from Cuba or other foreign country that is focusing on the olympics with more emphasis on their countries home team.

It's also very possible that they may have more exposure on certain sports , it would be very hard for the U.S. to show every hour of Olympics coverage objectionably.

Be nice to see which networks from other countries will be covering the Olympics .

If I find more info I will gladly post it.

Once regular television coverage begins, most likely around the first of August, I plan to blind scan known feed satellites across the arc in search for the most active ones for Olympic coverage. Remember that specific feed information will not be posted here in open forum, due to the possibility (and probability in this case) of encryption.

Also keep in mind that live feeds may very well be at times when you are simply sleeping. I am not exactly sure of the time difference between China and the east coast, but I do know that Japan is about twleve hours different.

Yeah, I figured that the feeds would probably be at odd hours due to the time difference (13 hours or so). Maybe I'll be able to catch some foreign channels' coverage or something. I just get tired of most of the coverage on the networks here.

NBC is going to show 1,400 hours of the Olympics this year across many different properties, including NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, Telemundo, Oxygen, plus more online. It's going to be a bit crazy. An additional 2,200 will be online only.

CCTV-5 out of China is their primary Olympic channel. It is not FTA to the US though. CCTV-4 (the International Channel) and CCTV -9 (English) will not be showing anything live, just reports. Only CCTV that is on the mainland will have live coverage.

I think the main source of Olympic coverage via FTA will be feeds. The time is now for those with blind scan receivers to start scanning the usual suspects ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)