Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingjeste

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 23, 2008
Ohio
I just got an FTA receiver Fortec Star MercuryII. 90CM dish,UNiV-LBNF.. I'm in kentucky.. Took for ever to setup.. but i think got it.. Did an power search<blind search> ... I got about 1200 channels.. sounds great hu? expect they are all scrambled.. Not find any FTA channel what so ever.. Would like it know whats going on? Any Idea's? Please help..

G25 KU
G10 KU
AMC 6
AMC 11
Echostar 7
G3C

checked just about every satellite.

WHERE ARE THE FTA CHANNELS? CAN'T FIND ANY ANYWHERE.. JUST SCRAMBLED ONES....

KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
What satellite(s) are you aiming the dish at? Sounds like you are hitting the Dish and Bell ExpressVu pay satellites (61.5w/82w/91w/110w/119w/129w/148w). FTA channels are scattered across the sky on almost two dozen different satellites. Are you moving the dish via a motor, or is it fixed (stationary)? For a universal Ku LNBF, your receiver settings should be Universal, L.O. 9750/10600.

working

well, after too many hours scanning.. i was playing around with something. lost all the channels that where programmed in.. did another factory rest.. then out of the blue all the FTA channels started to come in.. that did not come in before.. weird thang.. no clue why it was picking those other channels up.. i'm glad it now working like it's supose it.. got me wandering there . was not fta out there..

Thanks for your help

Mr.Miller/KJ

Oh, and btw.. I got an motorized system.. first timer setting up it.. but got it.. about to drive me crazy..

kewl

Ok. thanks will try those.. so, far i'm able to get about 1200 FTA channels now.. unlike yesterday.. scramble=3000 FTA=0 .. weird strange.. thing.. i'm still scanning.. finding alot more...

Ok. thanks will try those.. so, far i'm able to get about 1200 FTA channels now.. unlike yesterday.. scramble=3000 FTA=0 .. weird strange.. thing.. i'm still scanning.. finding alot more...

1200 FTA channels? Seems like an awful lot. Are a bunch of them mirrored copies? I'm wondering if you are somehow scanning the same bird two or three times. (ie: scanning T5 3 times and getting the same channels over and over)

Wonder if he had the setting for powerscan on "Scrambled" instead of "ALL" or "FTA" Or does that receiver give that option? So he's got some tv now =must've figured it out.

fta

Yup.. they are some mirror'd copies of station.. use power search for all.. now. when i did an scan for all the sats i go back later says no singual or when i rescan says no transponders found.. very touchy box.. wish i'd would have gotten something else beside this mercury II box..

lost G25 Ku channels today.. was there yesterday.. guess i'll have to do an factory reset.. yet again..

???????

did factory reset again for the 100th time.. now everything is working like it should.. are they any good FTA sat that are in english.. seems to be alot non-english channels.

Probably the most popular satellite for English speakers is Galaxy 18 ( probably Galaxy 10R , in your menu) at 123W . The Equity broadcasting corp. has the RTN ( Retro Television Network ?) channels, which feature popular old TV series, and some sports , as well as commercials , occasionally from the 1960's .

The TV channels we generally watch are scattered all over, depending on whether we're looking for news , irregular HD sports feeds, PBS broadcasts, etc.
Start with Galaxy 18, 123W and then let us know what you're looking for. This isn't Pay-TV . Everything might not be available, but there's plenty to keep you occupied.

:)

Might want to check the firmware version of your Merc2, I know there's been several updates to it....and hardly anyone complains about a Mercury 2, they seem to be one of the most popular receivers ever! Perhaps your rec has a firmware that had a bug with scanning or something.

Fw

When i did an scan for the first time.. it only picked up scramble station.. then it crashed.. firmware is v1.53.. latest one.. after that i started to pick up FTA ones.. i it might have been setting or something. but whatever it is.. it cant handle an big overload on commands things start to go slow.. sometimes it stops responing to the remote.. so,i'm only scanned 5 SATs this time.. seems to work better that way.. it seems to be very touchy for some reason.. i know this will probly be my last fortec star product i'll ever buy.. if i do get another sat receiver will be something better..

Something is not right--- I have never had real trouble with the Fortec Star. The only thing that comes to my mind... Push the SAT button, make sure the ALL SATELLITES is highlighted. It sounds like the box may be going to the last one scanned, instead of all.

Possibly a transponder overload problem? I know that can happen when you scan in a bunch of transponders with many FTA receivers, and the pay satellites you are scanning have a large number of active transponders on them.

Try to do a factory reset on the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts