FTA Dish and receiver set up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sahitra

Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
CA
Hi all,
I am interested in Galaxy 19 satellite.I installed a 32"Fortec dish and set the receiver as follows:
Longitude = 97.0 W,
LNB Feq. L = 09750
Lnb Freq. H = 10600
22K Tone = auto
diSEqC 1.0 = LNB1
DiSEqC 1.2 = off
LNB Power = ON
I am using an Echolink 240 receiver ( could not find anything on it on the web).

Dish elevation = close to 40
I used sadoun's satellite finder for this.

Here is the problem. I do get good signal from the meter, at least 8. My receiver show at least 67% strength but no quality.
The quality meter jumps to 10% every once in a while.

Could it be that the receiver is not compatible ?( bought it in Europe).
Or am I just not doing it right?

Thanks

Are you using a universal LNBF? If so, your L.O. settings are correct. If its a standard LNBF, use L.O. 10750. Do you have a switch inline? DiSEqC 1.0 should be off if you don't.

Thank you for the prompt response.
I am using a universal LNB and no switch.
I will turn that off and try it again. Hopefully this will work.
It is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Make sure you have an active transponder selected. You might need to go to a "manual scan" menu and select the transponder, then adjust the dish in small increments. Probably the satellite settings menu on your receiver bases the signal & quality numbers off the first transponder in the list for that satellite. If that is old and no longer active, you would never see quality.

Check The List at the top of this page also, but here are two transponders that are listed as strong:
12151 H 20000
12176 V 22997

Select one of those and see if you can fine the satellite. Also make sure you have adjusted the LNBF skew properly for your location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)