Fta Epg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lumpkin666

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
USA
I'm looking for info on where/how EPG data is stored on these receivers - it's probably basically the same for each unit, with a bit of differences here and there. I have a Fortec Classic, a Digiwave 7000, and a DSR-500, but would accept info/advice on this for any readily available model of FTA DVB receiver.

Basically, I'm hoping that somewhere along the line, someone has run into research as to where info is stored and how to load it onto a receiver. I don't mind a little serial port programming and poking around in memory if I have a bit of guidance. I'd love to build an EPG for a receiver using readily availble guide data from the internet, if I only knew where to start.

Surely the info is out there (heck people are doing WAY more ingenious [yet not so legal] things with these boxes than a stupid EPG!), I just need a little guidance to find the source.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I guess that's what I'm getting at. There is some built-in support for the EPG in these receivers since they all seem to have epg buttons/etc. If someone has seen any documentation related to how it is loaded (i.e. can I simulate a sat stream to load it [which would be a pretty universal method for all receivers], or if someone has seen documentation on storage locations/methods/etc for a specific receiver)

I'd gladly work on the software side of things, by ripping the data from titan or similar sites to build the data and load it into a receiver. My only other option is to try to build custom IR codes for my receivers to load into a replaytv dvr and then build a custom guides for the replaytv.

I am under the impression that the receiver is equipped for EPG, just nobody transmits an EPG signal. With the Motorola 4DTV, Motorola sends and updates the data,:) no one in FTA does that.:(
That's what I am getting to. I want to know how to load the EPG data into the reciever myself using data from online sources. I know that you can load channel mappings, and other various information onto most receivers using a few different programs that have been designed for such via the serial connection. I'd like to know the memory locations, methods, or any other information that might already be available to help me get that data into the receiver "manually"

That's what I am getting to. I want to know how to load the EPG data into the reciever myself using data from online sources. I know that you can load channel mappings, and other various information onto most receivers using a few different programs that have been designed for such via the serial connection. I'd like to know the memory locations, methods, or any other information that might already be available to help me get that data into the receiver "manually"

I appreciate what you are wanting to, but man that's out of my league. Good luck.

Most of the Linux based receivers will allow you to add epg data (with the correct software) to them. Most are web based apps that go out to sites like TitianTV and grab the data and transfer it either directly to the receiver (if it's connected to your home network) or to an application on your pc to convert it to a format for the Linux box. Check out some of the Dreambox, Relook or Triple Dragon websites and you will find more info. Also, most Linux based receivers are open source, so you can write your own app to do what you want.
grusome

I hope you can do it Lumpkin, Ive wanted a way to add the info on the EPG for g10r for awhile. Keep us posted on what you come up with.
rdel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)