FTA equipment reviews.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
The review section in the FTA area alone has amassed over 40,000 hits in a very short amount of time and we're always looking for products to review.
The majority of purchases are made after reading reviews such as these and help everybody involved from the consumer all the way up to the vendor.

Vendors/distributors - If you have a product you'd like to see reviewed simply send a note to FTA@satelliteguys.us

Forum members - If there's any product members would like to see reviewed, feel free to post your suggestion in this thread with a short explanation.

Thank you.

I would love to see a review on the V-box II. This is a Diseqc postioner used with BUDs, it allows a modern FTA reciever to move a BUD instead of having to use an analog IRD to control east/west movement.

Answer to Tom's request

I have one right here in my hand. Actually they come in 2 varieties. I have the latest variety which is the V-Box DP710. This allows anyone to interface their DiseQc 1.2 receiver with an actuator on a big dish (10') etc. Basically it provides 36 volts DC voltage to the dish and keeps track of the actuator counts. It can be used by either pusing the up and down buttons, or you can use the DiSEqC commands from your receiver. It must be a DiSEqC 1.2 receiver. I have sold a number of these boxes and have had no complaints. I have a TV station using one to control a 12 foot dish.

There is a anothwer device that allows someone who has an older receiver that does not have a DiSEqC 1.2 receiver to control a small motor such as the Moteck 2100. I have sold a few of them with no complaints

Tom I hope this answers your request.
You can go to the equipment review section for many excellent equipment reviews

another review i would like to see would be a comparison of different Diseqc switches, ie: db loss, time to switch ports, longevity (natural longevity, not oops i played with it with my reciever on and it died), fit and finish, etc etc.

I would like to see a review of the birddog meter. IMHO I think that just about anything that we use could and should be reviewed, whether it is the newest and latest reciever, or just a very good crimping tool that one of us happens to find.

I'll have an interesting Diseqc positioner I bought from dvbhardware on the way for review. The Birdog had to go. (Needed the cash)

Anyone have experience with the Dreambox? The 7020 is pretty pricey at around 6 bills, but it has PVR capability and ethernet among others. I came across a rumor of a model 8000 in the works with HDTV. Interesting.

A review would be great; ANY info is appreciated.

Red

drhydro said:
I would love to see a review on the V-box II. This is a Diseqc postioner used with BUDs, it allows a modern FTA reciever to move a BUD instead of having to use an analog IRD to control east/west movement.

I have install some V-Box II, they're really good. The new DP710 I have one, but not installed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts