Lost Newbie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satn00b

Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
Hi,

I would like to know if intelsat805 can be caught in Quebec, Ca. I have checked sattracker[lyngsat], it shows the possibility but an expert told me it wasnt possible. I would like to have your own opinion.

Will I be able to use the same equipment (dish and lnb) as the one given by expressvu to catch their satellite, ifnot, wut are the cheapest products to buy inorder to catch the signal.

Thanks

Intelsat 805 is all C Band according to Lyngsat. You would need a dish (usually 8 foot minimum) and LNB capable of receiving C band transmissions. Looks like there is much free-to-air programming there and some scrambled. You would need a subscription for anything scrambled.

Woah thts huge, hmm from the economic perspective, how much will a setup like that cost, and will i be able to use my existing bell receiver as I just want to get the free channels on tht satellite?

No, your Bell receiver will not get FTA channels. Regular C band setup cost will vary-could be as much as $2000 new or free if you can find one somebody wants to get rid of.

Not sure what type of programming you are interested in, but you might take a look at the FAQ section here to get an idea of what is available on regular FTA with a small dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)