FTA HD Channels with 8PSK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

migold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Pearisburg, Virginia
How do I find out which HD channels will require the 8PSK option? and which can be received clearly with the Pansat 9200HD receiver - or equivalent... I have no HD receiver yet.

Thanks. I am wanting to get the HD channels on AMC21. I don't know what equipment it will take to get these. Is anyone receiving these FTA clearly?

The MPEG4 Louisiana PBS HD @ 12072 H would require the addin card, the other PBS HD @ 12140 and 12179 V are MPEG2 and would tune in on the Pansat 9200 without the add in card.

Is anyone using the Pansat 9000HD or 9200HD and receiving the HD on AMC21? I have one Pansat receiver and am satisfied with it.

I use a Pansat 9000 an it is the best S2 receiver that I have ever used, I have used a Cool-8000 an Pan-9200, an still use a Diamond-9000 also very nice receiver. but the Pan-9000 is the best an my favorite, an no need for add on board, does S2 right out of the box.

Thanks to '1captain', 'ghia', & 'voomvoom'!!
That is the information that I need.
When the weather gets WARMER, I will see if I can add another LNB on my 1 meter dish and get the PBS on my 3500SD before I order the 9200.

You may have a couple of obstacles to overcome.....
1. If you are going to put another lnb on the "1 meter Ku stationary (123°W)" then that 2 degree spacing will probably require a modification to one of the lnb's.
2. Not sure when it warms up in your area but I believe the current plan by PBS is to all HD in late February. I believe you will still get a signal but no quality by looking at an HD signal on your Pansat 3500s.

Good luck.

When the weather gets WARMER, I will see if I can add another LNB on my 1 meter dish and get the PBS on my 3500SD before I order the 9200.
By all means, give this a try. But, WTguy could be right? I have a 1m Primestar pointed @ 123.0w, and had an extra lnbf on it pointed @ 129.0w, and it worked fine. I decided to add an lnbf for 125.0w and couldn't get it to work. So, I repointed the Primestar @ 129.0w and set it up for the 2 extra lnbf's to point @ 123.0w & 125.0w. Only now the support arms are in the way and neither would line up. I thought about off-setting the Primestar so the support arms wouldn't be an issue, but decided it was to much work. I had an extra 36" dish and set it up for 125.0w & 129.0w, then repointed the Primestar back @ 123.0w. Now I'm a happy camper...
Good Luck!
But, please give it a try....

I'm using the 3500SD, 33" dish, and QPH-031 Invacom for PBS and get good results, average Q is around 60% from 123W. A bit larger dish would be better, 1m (39") should do well.
I am thinking about upgrading to the Pansat 9200 + 8psk as well. HD is the new thing but the picture quality from the 3500SD is really good for SD, and I don't have an HD screen to watch with yet...
-C.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)