RTN Signal Up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I noticed lately during bad weather I still have a stable signal. I was watching RTN Saturday during a storm. Last week, one passing cloud dropped the signal to nothing. I was thinking they may have improved the uplink.

The best I have seen so far is 45Q on my 9200. Most of the time in the mid 30sQ using a 90cm dish.

I'm mostly watching the RTN west feed on AMC9. I can get east OTA or on G18.

Its more or less the same here but we have snow headed our way. Peaking out at 31Q on the Pansat now, far cry from a 50000 watt blowtorch signal ;)

much improved here

Noticed this Fri or Sat also, much better signal, 60-70% q now on the Icon, the meter on it seems to run close to the traxis, number-wise. Stable in the rain now, where it wasn't before. Watching AMC9 on a .90M primestar fixed, for now.(no waiting for the dish to move)

Around 1:30pm Eastern it dropped down into the 50s and started going away. I put the signal meter on for a few minutes and it was jumping all over the place.

Is this feed located anywhere else?

What I think what were noticing is if the weather is clear at the uplink and your downlink you see the best results. If one or the other has rain, cloud cover or snow we see it go down, I don't think Luken has done anything really yet.

I vote for that last theory, weather related. When the signal first showed up, I could only get RTNEAST on a rainy day, at unwatchable levels at that. Today, it's clear, and I get both RTNEAST and RTNWEST at barely watchable levels. They are both on the pixelation border of 30% Q on the Merc II (and 1.2m dish, arguably not optimized). My 90cm with CS8000 can't pick up a whiff of the tp's.
:)

It's still really low here. It seems to top out at around 60 on my Traxis but it can go under 40 at different times. My Traxis will have a stable picture at around 45.

AMC 9 signal Q much better. Anyone else see this?

RTN on my 87cm ADTH dish Q increased from 66 to 87. :cool:

On my marginally aligned HH120 motor, 90cm Fortec, Q increased from 61-63 to a watchable 66.

edit: now the whole thing went down. Must be working on it... :eek: Maybe they blew a gasket.

Now it's back. :D

edit again: Now that things are stabilized, Q on the stationary dish is 69-70. Q on the motor dish is 65-66, takes a while to lock, pixelates somewhat, but is watchable.

These numbers are for a Coolsat 5000.

Last edited:
I checked out the channels I scanned in on AMC9 a few weeks back as RTNwest and RTNeast. And my signal quality jumped from 70% a week ago to 87% this morning. But are these RTN channels, looks like a PBS station or something. Has the e/i logo at top of the screen.

Sorry, just had to stay on the station for awhile, it does come up with RETRO TELEVISION NETWORK before the comercial. The e/i stands for educational information and is a childrens broadcast.

Using a 76cm dish, Invacom QPH-031 for the LNB and a Coolsat 5000 receiver. This is definately an improvement, hope it stays this way.

A whopping 44-46 stable on the Pansat, now that's doable better than 30 on a good day before with 15-23 mostly. They must have finally put a dish up and drove that uplink truck down to the junkyard :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)