Fta ...help Please!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

810vf

Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Currently have the following
Dish = 10' black mesh dish C band (i think)
Analog Receiver (master) = General Instrument Inovation 550i video cipher rs
FTA MPEG Receiver = Samsung DSR2700

Hope someone can help me. I'm a newbie with this satellite stuff. I currently only use this set up to get rtp free to air however a month or so ago I lost the signal alltogther. I started playing with the settings and now I can get anything at all. I cant seem to find any manual on the samsung and dont know how to put the settings back. I tried keying in the freq 4080 and sird 04.340 and 3/4 and Vert however I dont get any signal nor quality. I'm not sure if perhaps the intelsat 805 setting location moved. I belive the numbers are 4811 (im located ouside of Toronto canad).
I know i have a lot of questions but I appreciate any help? My dads stuck at home for a few months as he is recovering from hip surgery and misses his rtp.
Thanks guys.
KEN

if your using the GI 550i to control the dish an move it and control the polarity then you might have to adjust the channel on it to change the polarity to gain a signal on the samsung 2700 ( it depends on how you have it connected).

while the samsung is looking for a signal just change the channel on the 550i and see if the signal doesn't return.

Help!

I had a chance over the holidays to play around with my folks dish I was able to use the Gen inst 550i and a viewsat platinum to pickup rtp on intelasat 805. If memory serves me I belive the settings were tp was 4080 ,4340, 3/4 and vertical. I then tried hooking everything back up to the samsung dsr2700 and gen inst 550i and set the rtp settings to the same ones I had on the viewsat. I also keyed in the vpid and sid numbers I believe they were 103 and 203 respectively. I also changed the lnb set up on the samsung to 10750 and lnb mode to on and no matter what I do I cant seem to lock a signal for rtp. Shouldn't I be able to pick up the same station if all settings were keyed in as per what was found on my viewsat??
I've tried turning the lnb mode to off and on, also tried changing the lnb set up to 10550 and 10600 and 9750 and 5151??? Also when I key in the freq numbers ie 4080 into the samsung it actually has spaces for 5 charachters so I'm not sure if it should be keyed as 04080 or 40800?? I tried both ways and neither works ??Also did the same for 04.3400 shoud it be 43.4000 or 04.3400 ?? argh! nothing works.....HELP anyone??

Sorry forgot to mention I tried changing channells when I was running a scan but the signal nor quality changed at all??

ok the lnb freq should be set to 5150
some boxes like you to enter the freq you want as 04080 ( with the zero first) the other numbers is for a SR if your receiver wants one and most do right below where you manually entered the freq. so there enter 4340 or 04340 it should also ask for H or V pick V

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)