FTA Info needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc8gpd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
Central Nj
I have a Viewsat Rx and a Eagle Aspen HD Dish for Directv. is there a linear replacement for the circular lnbf presently on the directv dish?

it looks to be a nice dish and would love to reuse it for FTA.

i also have a 7ft C Band Setup that uses a prime focus lnb/feed system.

is there anything i can do for it? it is in suprising good condition.

also i am moving and may just unload it all. what would this stuff be worth if i were to go get rid of it on the used market.

7ft mesh dish, dish mount and mover, eagle aspen hd dish, viewsat receiver, uniden ultra c band receiver, eagle lnb / feed for the cband and eagle lnbf for the hd setup, bunch of video cipher, 2, rs decoders, 100 or so ft of buriable cable.

depending on the answers to all these questions i will decide if i just want to get rid of it and get a new setup at my new location or just keep it and set it all up when i get to the new place.

Have you looked through The List , top of page, to see some of the channels available on fta?
Read any of the threads in the forum about programming? C-band stuff is usually given away, or for a small price on ebay (receivers, lnbs, etc). The videocipher modules are mostly worthless now, there are only 3 channels that I know about, that still use that system, and the few programming providers left for c-band aren't authorizing the modules any more. 4DTV is still alive, if you kept the c-band dish and found a 4DTV receiver somewhere you can still buy programming for them. It'd be hard for someone else to decide what to do for you, but once you get a good taste of what's on FREE to air tv, you may want to keep it all. (and maybe buy more lol, dishes, receivers, lnbs, etc. It can be addictive.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts