FTA Installation hardware/mounting Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trifolium incarnatum

Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
rain soaked moss covered hut
Greetings great FTA Gurus :)

Greetings Great FTA gurus :)

I am getting ready to install a FTA-KU Dish. I had a few questions and was wondering if perhaps someone could give me some tips and make sure i'm not buying the wrong type of dish/mount etc for what I hope to accomplish :)

My goal is to successfully install a motorized KU-Band dish on the side of our garage. Right now im in the getting it mounted in the correct orientation and properly to the garage phase :)

We are planning to mount it to the side of our garage (photo is below links) I;m concerned about the mounting brackets and whether or not its possible to mount a motorized dish mount vertically on the side of a building. Does it pose any significant challenges?

After googling till my eyes bled and reading reviews, I settled on the motorized kit #6 from galaxy marketing (I tried to post the link but I kept getting an error from the website :(

It looks like it might have a tripod mount (Can you mount that vertically?, Is there any issues with flexing( I hear dishes are pretty tempermental). Generally am i looking in the right direction?

I have attached a picture of the garage and a little diagram of where I am thinking of mounting it.

Thank you so much for the help!

Regards,
-- trifolium

Attachments

• _IGP0003_mount_diagram.jpg
    _IGP0003_mount_diagram.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 194
Someone should correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe Galaxy Marketing is still in business. Basically someone forgot to turn off the website on the way out the door. Please wait for confirmation from here before placing an order and sending any money which you may or may not get back.

Galaxy marketing is no longer in business. My first setup for Ku I bought on Amazon, but have learned later that I would have saved money buying on eBay. I know there are plenty of guys here that could point you in the direction of other places to buy from as well, and give you all the advice and pointers you need while your trying to find your first signal.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Greetings great FTA Gurus :)

Greetings Great FTA gurus :)

I am getting ready to install a FTA-KU Dish. I had a few questions and was wondering if perhaps someone could give me some tips and make sure i'm not buying the wrong type of dish/mount etc for what I hope to accomplish :)

My goal is to successfully install a motorized KU-Band dish on the side of our garage. Right now im in the getting it mounted in the correct orientation and properly to the garage phase :)

We are planning to mount it to the side of our garage (photo is below links) I;m concerned about the mounting brackets and whether or not its possible to mount a motorized dish mount vertically on the side of a building. Does it pose any significant challenges?

After googling till my eyes bled and reading reviews, I settled on the motorized kit #6 from galaxy marketing (I tried to post the link but I kept getting an error from the website :(

It looks like it might have a tripod mount (Can you mount that vertically?, Is there any issues with flexing( I hear dishes are pretty tempermental). Generally am i looking in the right direction?

I have attached a picture of the garage and a little diagram of where I am thinking of mounting it.

Thank you so much for the help!

Regards,
-- trifolium
Galaxy Marketing's website has been up but not active for sales for quite some time. I would recommend this dish/lnbf combo (http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Inch-90-cm-Free-To-Air-FTA-Satellite-Dish-HD-LNBF-/122007810338) and this motor (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAB-SATELL...C-ITALIAN-MOTORIZED-ROTOR-HH-90-/221972515927). They are used by many hobbyists here on Satellite Guys. :)

Reactions: Shicks4
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

The GEOSATpro dish mentioned above is a good quality dish and a good quality LNBF. The Stab HH motor is one of the best motors availabe to fit that dish's mount. A good combination.

The mount provided with the dish is suitable for mounting a motorized dish as long as the mount and the support legs are properly mounted and secured to the wall studs.

Is the face of the wall facing South?

Galaxy marketing is no longer in business. My first setup for Ku I bought on Amazon, but have learned later that I would have saved money buying on eBay. I know there are plenty of guys here that could point you in the direction of other places to buy from as well, and give you all the advice and pointers you need while your trying to find your first signal.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

The GEOSATpro dish mentioned above is a good quality dish and a good quality LNBF. The Stab HH motor is one of the best motors availabe to fit that dish's mount. A good combination.

The mount provided with the dish is suitable for mounting a motorized dish as long as the mount and the support legs are properly mounted and secured to the wall studs.

Is the face of the wall facing South?

It is, I have just purchased the dish and LNB on ebay :) Thank you for the suggestion. Im also glad I found out they were out of businesss before I tried to give them money LOL. I will keep everyone updated once I have everything setup :)

Galaxy Marketing's website has been up but not active for sales for quite some time. I would recommend this dish/lnbf combo (http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Inch-90-cm-Free-To-Air-FTA-Satellite-Dish-HD-LNBF-/122007810338) and this motor (http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAB-SATELL...C-ITALIAN-MOTORIZED-ROTOR-HH-90-/221972515927). They are used by many hobbyists here on Satellite Guys. :)

Reactions: Titanium and FTA4PA
It is, I have just purchased the dish and LNB on ebay :) Thank you for the suggestion. Im also glad I found out they were out of businesss before I tried to give them money LOL. I will keep everyone updated once I have everything setup :)
Forgot to welcome you to Satellite Guys! Good luck with your install! :)

you will like that dish, I have the same one i installed just about 3 weeks ago. Wished id have asked questions and looked around more before i made my first purchase. Glad if my advise helped sway you a little bit it helped you from making the same mistake i did. Now you have your next big decision, what receiver to buy.

Also here is what i did to mount my dish to the roof of my shop, I used the mount that comes with the geosat pro, a galvanized fence rail coupler and a spare piece of heavy wall galvanized fence post which was exactly the same diameter as the mount. I bolted it all together then used the stabilizing bracket that came with the dish and made 2 more longer stabilizers out of 1/2 metal conduit.
IMG_0065.JPG

Reactions: phlatwound
welcome to the hobby,

with a motorized dish it is absolutely imperative/100% nessessary that your mounting post be 100% level in all directions, spending a lot of extra time ensuring this will prevent many possible head aches later, so take your time to make sure the post is mounted LEVEL and also very securely, as a motorized dish/assembly can be very heavy,

in the location that you have pictured i would recommend mounting a 3/4 to 1 inch thick piece of plywood onto the wall first, then paint the board using a good outdoor paint/protection, this will give you a nice firm and FLAT mounting surface for your dish pole, make sure the board is big enough to cover the entire mounting area of the pole,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)