FTA is it a good business decision?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnTenn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
I already posted on Dishretailer.com, but I'm curious of the pro's and cons of selling and installing FTA systems. I have no interest in helping people steal a signal that others are paying for, but after attending the expo, I'm curious why this is getting so big and if it's a decent revenue source for business. Keep in mind I know very little about FTA.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Take a look at the channel charts at Lyngsat.com and see whats up there in FTA. Then look at what your customers are looking for, are they looking for internationals? If so again check the channel lists, you might be able to sell them a FTA system to get the internationals they want at no monthly cost to them. And in addition you can sell them a system where there are no chargebacks which is a big plus.

I guess it really depends on what your customers are looking for, its not for all but those it is for you can make a good amount of money. :)

I would say it could be a good business if you have a large number of customers in your area that would want international channels. You would probably have to carry Globecast receivers etc. as well to make it work.

I thought about this last week. I live in a colloege town, and a neighboring town has meatpacking plants - so we have lots of non english speaking people in our area. The FTA option would be a good one for them, and a very cost effective one! I have been thinking about how to market this, and what you would have to charge, etc.

I would look at rates other installers are getting and go from there. Just guessing, but I would say $50-150 per install depending on your particular market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)